[request] a way to "filter" doctoring

Started by zandadoum, January 05, 2017, 09:13:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zandadoum

Hello,

I'd love a system for doctors to filter out what each one can do.

example: I'd like only my best surgeon to attempt to work on bionics, while i want the worst to focus on animals and prisoners.

maybe it would be nice to be able to add bills to hospital beds for this reason?

as a current workaround it's possible to do this to a certain degree with restricted zones on your hospital areas.

schizmo

I agree, and this has been suggested often.

In the meantime I believe there is a mod that can do this, or you can do like I do and work around it by micromanaging all doctor tasks and either instruct the specific doctor to prioritize the work, or draft all other doctors before adding the bill so that the correct one does it.

But it would be nice to not have to think about it

dv

QuoteSteve lay in bed, waiting for his operation. "It's a shame about what happened to that Tribal," he thought, "but at least some good can come of it. I know he and Engie had a history together, but she seems over it now."

Mackie walked in the door, carrying a pack of Glitterworld Meds. "Hi Steve! All ready for the big day? I'll be right back!"

Steve started, surprised to see Mackie, the Carpenter, here in the hospital wing. He didn't have long to wait before Mackie came back, carrying a box. "Hey, Steve. Isn't it cool how kidneys can last for weeks in an unrefrigerated room? Hell, this thing caught on fire last week, and it's still perfectly good!"

"B-b-but," Steve sputtered, "where's Doc? You can't do this operation, you barely know how to apply a bandage - I KNOW that; you patched me up after the last Mechanoid attack! I got infected! You can't operate on my freaking... wait, kidney? I'm here for a heart transplant! Where is Doc?!?!"

"Doc's outside moving rocks, so I'm here." Mackie responded, "It's fine, Steve, I can totally do this! Roll up your sleeve, please." Without another word, Mackie held a struggling Steve down in bed, and injected him with a vial of anesthesia, knocking him out cold. "Now... where is that liver...?" Mackie said, as carefully removed Steve's pants and took a portable band saw out of his toolkit...