[A16] Mo'Events v1.1 | More events and incidents!

Started by ilawz, January 05, 2017, 09:57:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ilawz

Quote from: joaonunes on January 05, 2017, 08:27:39 PM
Quote from: Psychology on January 05, 2017, 06:33:59 PM
Hoo boy, good luck OP. If there's anything I've learned it's that people hate events.

It depends on the events... Some are just plain annoying and no way to make the player enjoy them. Mad Animal attacks for once are annoying because they are not that strong of a threat (sometimes), but they appear every few days, which is annoying... Forces me to stop and look at the closest armed colonist(s) to take it out.
"Amnesia" sounds annoying though... It will depend on the chance to appear in the game... If it's too often that this event triggers it will definitely be annoying and lots of people will hate it, but the "Animal Migration" on the other hand sounds great. It adds a "new" mechanic and can actually help the player instead of annoying him. Free food and tamable animals, plus if they are muffalos it will be easier to get pack animals for the colony assaults :P

Some events are more annoying than other events yes, but I wanted to make a sort of 50/50 between good and bad events.
Most of the bad events in this mod won't set you back much though, the only ones that could get you into 'real' trouble are the Insect and the Abomination event (which has a low chance of happening, and won't refire that quick again).

joaonunes

Quote from: ilawz on January 06, 2017, 03:08:16 AM
Some events are more annoying than other events yes, but I wanted to make a sort of 50/50 between good and bad events.
Most of the bad events in this mod won't set you back much though, the only ones that could get you into 'real' trouble are the Insect and the Abomination event (which has a low chance of happening, and won't refire that quick again).

This is what I meant from not being annoying. Mad Animals are very frequent and annoying, it is good to know that those worse events are rare. It makes them interesting to see twice in one gameplay instead of every 10 days. We need some challenge too :P
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

SergeshD123

What are the odds of me instantly getting the Abomination event upon installing the mod?

Let me guess, is that small hint in the backstory?

ilawz

Quote from: SergeshD123 on January 06, 2017, 08:25:44 AM
What are the odds of me instantly getting the Abomination event upon installing the mod?

Let me guess, is that small hint in the backstory?

Slim, the event can only fire after 25 in game days have passed, unless you used an existing save.
Hint has been removed by the way, I just got home so I'll update the OP. Time used to slow down before the rescue pod landed, that was the hint.

skullywag

Someone played Alpha 7 or has been rooting around in some old threads ;)
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

joaonunes

Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

ilawz

Quote from: skullywag on January 06, 2017, 02:32:07 PM
Someone played Alpha 7 or has been rooting around in some old threads ;)
Hahaha, these old event idea threads are a gold mine!

Screech

I got the Tribe Aid event in my game earlier today, and I sent a pawn to rescue the downed pawn, but halfway the downed pawn decided to walk and go to my medical bed by themself and I could not interact with it at all. So it died of bloodloss. Is this a vanilla issue or related to hospitality or another mod? I've seen this before but I can't recall when(prolly A15) without this mod.

ilawz

Quote from: Screech on January 07, 2017, 12:08:35 PM
I got the Tribe Aid event in my game earlier today, and I sent a pawn to rescue the downed pawn, but halfway the downed pawn decided to walk and go to my medical bed by themself and I could not interact with it at all. So it died of bloodloss. Is this a vanilla issue or related to hospitality or another mod? I've seen this before but I can't recall when(prolly A15) without this mod.
Vanilla issue, what happened was that his wounds (which are set to give him 'extreme' pain to down him) healed quick enough to change the 'extreme' pain to 'severe' pain, thus making him able to walk again.

Screech

Quote from: ilawz on January 07, 2017, 01:21:07 PM
Quote from: Screech on January 07, 2017, 12:08:35 PM
Vanilla issue, what happened was that his wounds (which are set to give him 'extreme' pain to down him) healed quick enough to change the 'extreme' pain to 'severe' pain, thus making him able to walk again.

It should take into account the amount of bleeding also. That pawn was bleeding like 500% and had 6 hours left before dying. There's no way you can save them. Plus if you play on the biggest map, there's clearly 0% chance.

123nick

i think theres a bug with this and pyschology, whenever a pawn has a stroke, it does not make an notification, but the pawn gets incapacitated and wounded, and it still mostly works. here:

pajok

Hi!
Please remake  Minami's  "Faction War" event.(A lot of enemy and friendly team spawned and.....Let's get ready to rumble!
(and "HyperTornado""Suspicious Crates""MeteorShower""PrisonRiot" are also FUN)

Rrdelr

Yeah, I can confirm I had calm weather happen and my turbines never came back on.

ilawz

Will try to update in the coming days, was quite busy today and yesterday. I'll fix the calm weather bug too.

Goldini50

Is there any way to translate this mod ? Because I cant find the used Strings neither in the .xml files nor in the .dll ?