I think I figured out why colonist love raw food so much!

Started by HazelThyme, January 06, 2017, 09:26:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calahan

Quote from: b0rsuk on January 23, 2017, 02:42:15 PM
They will keep eating those berries over nutrient paste
There is currently a report on the Mantis about a bug that causes Pawns to have less preference for NPD meals (than they probably should have): https://ludeon.com/mantis/view.php?id=2891

So this problem you are having might be improved / fixed once this Mantis report is addressed.

DeathWeasel

I find that the best way to keep colonists from eating berries is to never plant them in the first place. Plant potatoes or rice or some other food they don't like to eat raw and they will generally prefer to eat nutrient paste.

If you do end up with a lot of berries from harvesting wild bushes, haul them all to your hoppers and forbid them. Food inside of hoppers will still act as fuel for the NPD even if forbidden but will prevent your colonists from eating berries directly. Too micromanagy for my tastes, but it sure beats starving to death in the winter.

b0rsuk

Quote from: DeathWeasel on January 23, 2017, 04:24:17 PM
I find that the best way to keep colonists from eating berries is to never plant them in the first place. Plant potatoes or rice or some other food they don't like to eat raw and they will generally prefer to eat nutrient paste.
Have you missed the part where I said sowing plants in the ground is not allowed in my scenario ? I literally can't plant anything except in hydroponic tables and flower pots.

DeathWeasel

Quote from: b0rsuk on January 23, 2017, 04:46:27 PM
Quote from: DeathWeasel on January 23, 2017, 04:24:17 PM
Have you missed the part where I said sowing plants in the ground is not allowed in my scenario ? I literally can't plant anything except in hydroponic tables and flower pots.

That part of the post wasn't necessarily directed at you. The next part of the post would apply in your situation, though, or for anyone who ends up with a lot of berries that need to be stockpiled for winter.