[A16] Pawn will refuel unclaimed "fueled" devices when added via scenario editor

Started by BugPowderDust, January 10, 2017, 07:10:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BugPowderDust

1. What the circumstances were.
Various devices that require fuelling were added via the scenario editor.

2. What happened.
The devices were placed on the map as expected, but the Pawns started refuelling them before they were claimed.

3. What you expected to happen.
I do not expect Pawns to refuel devices unless they are owned / until they are claimed.

4. To reproduce:
-- Use the scenario editor to add at least 1 fueled stove, fueled generator, and fueled smithy.
--- Chop or unforbid some starting wood and watch the Pawns refuel the above devices even though they have not been claimed yet.

Mod edit (Calahan) - The above text is mine. The original OP can be found below the ---.

--------------------------------------

I have started on a custom scenario with about 80 fueled stoves scattered around the map.

As I don't seem to be able to forbid them, my colonists are getting it in their heads to run about refueling them, when they should be building up the colony.

If this isn't a bug, can we make it a feature to be able to forbid stoves

Calahan

Thank you for the bug report. I'm not sure if what you are reporting is a bug though because Pawns are supposed to refuel stoves, which means it's WAD. So having the option to toggle / disable refuelling is a suggestion / feature request rather than a bug. But...

I just tested this and there does appear to be a bug here, which is that Pawns will refuel fuelled stoves that are unclaimed. Which I'm pretty certain shouldn't be happening. So I've edited the title to reflect this.

Although please feel free to create a new thread in the suggestion forum if you want to make a request for adding a an option to disable refuelling. But please do a search first to see if it has already been suggested or not. In which case please contribute to that thread instead of creating a new one.

BugPowderDust

No problem, thanks for the clarification

BugPowderDust

Quote from: Calahan on January 10, 2017, 08:24:11 AM
So I've edited the title to reflect this.

I can still see it as the same title?

Calahan

Quote from: BugPowderDust on January 10, 2017, 08:35:49 AM
Quote from: Calahan on January 10, 2017, 08:24:11 AM
So I've edited the title to reflect this.

I can still see it as the same title?
:) Yes, I'm in the middle of changing it now. I was about to do it then thought I had better test the other fuelled devices as well (they are bugged as well), so the editing got delayed.

BugPowderDust

lol OK :) Glad I found an actual bug, even if indirectly!

Calahan

Quote from: BugPowderDust on January 10, 2017, 08:43:12 AM
lol OK :) Glad I found an actual bug, even if indirectly!
Every little helps :)

(although I won't ask how you found this, or why you needed to start the game with 80 fueled stoves :o FYI - I'm pretty sure Tynan hasn't added climate change to the game, in case that is what you were testing  ;D )

Tynan

Not really a bug since it can never occur without dev tools - but I've solved it anyways.

Thanks.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog