No Sound - Alpha 16

Started by Fraydren, January 10, 2017, 10:24:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fraydren

Hello!

I am brand new to the game.  I had a buddy of mine highly recommend it, so I had to give it a try.  Upon initial start up I had no music, which at first thought was an Alpha thing, but then the game itself had no sounds as well.

I have tried rebooting the game, updating graphics cards, rebooting steam, running the game as administrator, editing the properties of my speakers, and nothing has worked.

A little more information, I am playing on Windows 10, and have never encountered an error like this. 

Thanks in advance!

Calahan

Hello and welcome to the RimWorld forum.

Can you please:

1 - Confirm whether you are playing the Steam or DRM-free version of the game.
2 - Confirm that your hardware drivers (sound drivers in particular) and O/S software (Windows 10 in your case) are all fully up-to-date.
3 - Post your log file as an attachment. Details on where to find you log file can be found in the following thread (see #6). https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=513.0

Finally, here is a thread where other users have reported having no sound at all in-game https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=28320.0 . One of the users posting in that thread managed to solve this problem by...

Quote from: Magic Mushroom on January 03, 2017, 02:35:38 AM
Finally got it working :)

Disable sound blaster enhancments checkbox in speaker propities did the trick. Turning them all off in creative control panel did nothing but this seems to have fixed it.
Which might be worth you trying (if you haven't already).

Fraydren

Hello!

Thank you so much for your quick response.  I checked my drivers, and everything was up to date, as was my OS.  I am running the windows 10 version of the game through steam.

I was about to grab my log file when I attempted the comment you quoted in your reply.  Going into my speakers and disabling the blaster enhancements did the trick for me. 

Thank you very much for all the help, I will not tell you how many forums I read through to try to find that answer. 

I am very excited to get to play!  Have a great afternoon!

Calahan

Happy to help, and glad to hear that the same fix worked for you as well (and all credit to Magic Mushroom for finding and sharing it).

If you encounter any other problems with the game then please don't hesitate to ask. Likewise if you have any questions about the game in general then please feel free to post hem in General Discussion. And should you encounter any bugs :( then I'm sure Tynan (the developer) would certainly appreciate it if you could report them in the bugs forum (please check the stickied "How to Report a Bug" thread in that forum for details).

Hope you enjoy the game. Happy RimWorlding :)