rescuing wounded travelers or people from other colonies?

Started by keylocke, April 11, 2014, 06:27:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keylocke

is there a way to rescue friendly travelers that got incapacitated by hostiles, without their colony becoming hostile?

it's kinda strange just waiting for them to die, instead of rescuing them after they helped out in defending against raiders. they don't have to join the player's colony, but maybe rescuing people from other colonies can gain players some goodwill with NPC colonies?

DarkMyau

Second.

We could have "Guest rooms" that they could stay in. In which they can come and go as they please.

At the moment, a few people have shown up to look at my colony. And that's all they do. Can I bribe them to help build something?

DeltaV

Quote from: Torgaddon on April 12, 2014, 12:18:19 AM
At the moment, a few people have shown up to look at my colony. And that's all they do. Can I bribe them to help build something?

I think the idea of the visitors is that if they have good relations with you they'll help out with any raids that show up from other factions while they're there.
Quote from: Douglas AdamsIt is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Tynan

You're right, it should be possible to do friendly rescues and get credit for it.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

BattleFate

I think guest rooms would be great, and depending on if they are happy or unhappy with their stay it would help your relations with that faction. Are they really happy with their rooms? Then you get a big boost. Are they somewhat neutral? You get a small boost. Are they displeased? Well then you lose rep.

Perhaps also have a setting as to how many guests you will allow in your colony at any given time. I mean if I set aside 10 guest rooms, and can only accommodate meals for that many guests, it's a little unfair for them to suddenly turn up with 15 travelers and me to lose rep because some of them are unhappy sleeping outside. (maybe that number will be automatically determined based on how many guest rooms you have?)

keylocke

Quote from: Tynan on April 12, 2014, 10:26:07 AM
You're right, it should be possible to do friendly rescues and get credit for it.

thanks, that would be great if implemented.  ;D

i always keep a couple of spare rooms anyway, so letting friendly incapacitated NPCs stay there until they're healed would be great. plus their group could probably hang around until their friend gets healed before going away.

murhe

We need more ways to interact. I mean being able to talk to them (random positive, neutral or negative result to relationships affected by skill level), sending gifts of food (just few meals to huge loads), iron, weapons etc, not just silver. What those tribals do with all the silver anyway? These items should be collected by travellers. I suppose you should have special stockpile for gifts and/or trading (options for both aswell whom they are meant for with everyone setting). As player's characters won't travel much, visitors could bring something otherwise hard to get stuff. This could be pretty random item for item trading. I left load of potatoes and got a bow instead.

As you deposit your gifts to stockpile and then ask neightbours to come collecting them, you could technically set a trap for them too. Quess if they fall to that twice? Improving relationships will become damn hard! Visitors could in opposite be sometimes rude (eat food from ground, eat food from stockpiles, take something when they leave etc) so player would have choice of reacting or not.

Being too good company with one group would ofcourse insult another one. Fighting their enemies would make you look slighty more tolerable.

I suppose you Tynan are already planning things like these.

guken9922

dudes its an alpha
so give it some time man but keep the ideas coming for sure

StorymasterQ

You know what's better? A designated med bay for rescues. Any rescues, may it be colonists, strangers, friendly factions, or even incapacitated hostiles.

The 'Prisoner' tab could have an additional option "Release upon fully healed". Colonists will be reassigned to their normal beds, strangers will be sent on their way (maybe leaving a few silver pieces), faction members will be released to their respective factions and we'll gain some sort of improved relationship, even (or especially) with hostiles.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here