[A16] Combat Realism 1.6.9.4 Compatility Mods for EPOE and High Caliber

Started by merix1110, January 16, 2017, 06:26:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krolon

I think it's good, but I'm not sure, could you check it? I'm sending file.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

merix1110

Wrong file. you'll want to edit the one in *RimWorld\Mods\CombatRealism-1.6.9.4\Defs\RecipeDefs_Ammo\. and edit the file Recipes_AmmoHighCaliber.xml

refer back to my previous post if you need help.

or, use this file i just did that swaps the uranium for plasteel like you seem to have wanted. and do mind your directory you place this in.

merix1110

yithend21

Hey, thanks a lot for the update
I made some fixes
P226, Five-seven, HK45 and Glock 17 in HC have changed def name from gun_pistol_xxx_HC to gun_xxx_HC, and weapon tags
<li>BallisticShield_ValidSidearm</li> <li>MedievalShields_ValidSidearm</li> were added

Adalah217

I didn't realize EPOE was not compatible with combat realism. I took a look at your patch. I can't really find what's so different besides the hit points for the individual body parts. Is that all?

yithend21

Quote from: Adalah217 on January 18, 2017, 04:08:56 AM
I didn't realize EPOE was not compatible with combat realism. I took a look at your patch. I can't really find what's so different besides the hit points for the individual body parts. Is that all?
Yes, as long as you load EPOE later than CR.
CR makes limbs tougher and organs more fragile and easier to be hit, which EPOE overwrites and adds new body parts, that all.
This patch combines the changes.

Adalah217

Quote from: yithend21 on January 18, 2017, 05:02:56 AM
Quote from: Adalah217 on January 18, 2017, 04:08:56 AM
Yes, as long as you load EPOE later than CR.
CR makes limbs tougher and organs more fragile and easier to be hit, which EPOE overwrites and adds new body parts, that all.
This patch combines the changes.

Ah I see. Thanks!

Nomsayinbrah

Mhhh, I get this error when I use your EPOE mod:

I removed all my mods and only Core, combat realism and EPOE are here. (mod order: core --> CR --> EPOE)

Any idea what the problem might be?

NotSoSubtle

Having killjoy-class problem with beanbags. Posted the following in CR's thread, with no avail. (Yet.) Hoping to get some extra eyes on the problem by sharing here.

Quote from: NotSoSubtle on January 26, 2017, 09:42:50 AM
Quote from: Lady Wolf on January 03, 2017, 07:15:19 PM
Quote from: blaxblade on January 03, 2017, 06:58:57 PM
Please, bean bullets doesn't work; how can i fix?

I can confirm this, every time you fire a bean bag there's a error message that appears int he dev window. (When I get a chance to play again I'll list the exact error)

Quote from: Yoso on December 21, 2016, 03:28:02 AM
Super excited that CR updated so fast. What? No this isn't a poorly disguised ptw and I'm offended that you would think that.

Edit: Beanbag rounds don't do anything except throw errors on impact.

This has been noted a few times without comment. Bean bag ammo is one of the few (and the best) capture and containment methods in CR and without it raids turn into bloodbaths with no upside. Gunning down raiders is fun, but I'm getting tired of all the skilled raiders being gunned down dead before we can talk.

I've included my error text for reference. Any information on this would be appreciated.

Reattaching the error code. CR is so good at fixing the combat balance I can't find away to keep attackers alive, except by random RNG. Any suggestions on a fix or even a source of the problem would be gladly accepted.

Re uploading the error logs as well.

merix1110

Quote from: Nomsayinbrah on January 27, 2017, 09:15:38 AM
Mhhh, I get this error when I use your EPOE mod:

I removed all my mods and only Core, combat realism and EPOE are here. (mod order: core --> CR --> EPOE)

Any idea what the problem might be?

Are you loading the compatibility patch after CR and EPOE?

Core
Combat Realism
EPOE
EPOE CR Compatibility patch

coldcell

CR has been updated to 1.6.9.6.

Can I still use this patch, or do I have to wait for an updated patch before updating my CR too?

Tanelorn

The patch appears to be creating multiple instances of certain weapons. In the crafting station I see duplicates of several weapons. It may go beyond recipes.

duduluu

Hey, merix1110!
Could I post these two compatility mod on steam workshop?
I have post eatKenny's mods on workshop.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=864412831
RimTrans translation tool for RimWorld
RimWorld-English original text for translating RimWorld
RimWorld-zh.com my translation team website

Korn.Mil

Quote from: Difictly on March 18, 2017, 05:37:04 AM
Hello, I might be bumping a dead post, But I've got a problem with high caliber and combat realism - Some of the guns from High Caliber aren't having stuff from Combat Realism, And they barely deal damage (http://prntscr.com/elf3ix The guy was wearing tribalwear.), Examples - AK-74M: http://prntscr.com/elf3b2 ; FN Five-Seven: http://prntscr.com/elf409 Compared to a poor short bow: http://prntscr.com/elf4lg . Is it that the compatibility mod is outdated (Compatibility for CR v1.6.9.4 and I have CR v1.6.9.8 ) or..? I could of course just increase the damage of these weapons but then still, They would have infinite ammo and basic RimWorld combat mechanics. The mods and the order I am using them in - http://prntscr.com/elf5lz . Thanks in advance.

EDIT/SOLUTION: TL;DR - Removed the duplicate weapons from normal High Caliber - Fixed. There was a duplicate of these and a few more weapons, One with Combat Realism and other one without it. Removed the weapon codes containing these weapons from normal High Caliber (RimWorld\Mods\High Caliber\Defs\ThingDefs\HC_Weapons.xml). Example of what code I deleted that included Five-Seven: <ThingDef ParentName="BaseHumanGun">
    <defName>Gun_Fiveseven_HC</defName>
    <label>FN Five-seven</label>
    <description>The FN Five-seven, is a semi-automatic pistol designed and manufactured by Fabrique Nationale d'Armes de Guerre-Herstal (FN Herstal) in Belgium. The pistol is named for its 5.7mm (.224 in) bullet diameter. It was developed in conjunction with the FN P90 personal defense weapon and the FN 5.7×28mm cartridge.</description>
    <graphicData>
      <texPath>Things/Item/Equipment/Gun_Fiveseven</texPath>
      <graphicClass>Graphic_Single</graphicClass>
    </graphicData>
    <soundInteract>InteractPistol</soundInteract>
    <statBases>
      <MarketValue>325</MarketValue>
      <Mass>0.7</Mass>
      <AccuracyTouch>0.94</AccuracyTouch>
      <AccuracyShort>0.88</AccuracyShort>
      <AccuracyMedium>0.71</AccuracyMedium>
      <AccuracyLong>0.55</AccuracyLong>
      <RangedWeapon_Cooldown>0.96</RangedWeapon_Cooldown>
    </statBases>
    <weaponTags>
      <li>BallisticShield_ValidSidearm</li>
      <li>MedievalShields_ValidSidearm</li>
    </weaponTags>
    <verbs>
      <li>
        <verbClass>Verb_Shoot</verbClass>
        <hasStandardCommand>true</hasStandardCommand>
        <projectileDef>Bullet_5dot7x28mm_HC</projectileDef>
        <warmupTime>0.3</warmupTime>
        <range>24</range>
        <soundCast>ShotFiveseven</soundCast>
        <soundCastTail>GunTail_Light</soundCastTail>
        <muzzleFlashScale>9</muzzleFlashScale>
      </li>
    </verbs>
  </ThingDef>

This is how it looked like in the end without Five-Seven: http://prntscr.com/elfcjh

!WARNING! - It does screw over the save files that had unmodified High Caliber mod in them. So new colony creation is required after changing the original High Caliber.

Hello, i have exactly same problem, how could i fix it? What i need to do?