[Suggestion] Religion for the tribals/playable tribes

Started by Dieter9342, January 17, 2017, 02:22:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dieter9342

You have a muffalo shaman, great. I guess shaman is just a fancy title, right?

Wrong! With the implementation of a tribal type religion, that shaman becomes a heck of a lot more useful!
He could hold dances to bring great heards of muffalo, He could pray over injured tribals and give them buffs that help improve healing.

There's a lot of possibilities that can be spun off of this ideal! I wanna hear some of yours.

RolanDecoy

As long as it doesn't involve creating an entire 'magic' system, and just deals with the physical / psychological effects on people and animals (and I would add to that maybe some modifiers to the chances the Storyteller spews out) I don't see a problem with this, as long as there is a large chance for him to be unsuccessful, or even counter-productive, since that is representative to reality...

Dieter9342

Definitely something to that effect. Obviously no magic, but there's a lot that can be expanded upon, like maybe the use of pychoactive drugs to amp up the warriors made my medicine men in some sort of tribal medicine production table... Perhaps an altar? Totem? Vodoo head on a pike...

RolanDecoy

Dieter9342

I mean like the vikings used in terms of berserkers, like the shrooms. Not just crack and whatnot.

RolanDecoy

You'll might want to read some of the descriptions of the drugs that are already in the game...

hector212121

I would suggest that placebo effects give around 5% boosts to things when the guy prays. So praying over someone who's conscious but dying of a infection would give them +5% blood filtration, for instance.