[A17]Additional Traits (2.2) (6/24/2017) STEAM + GITHUB

Started by etoire, January 17, 2017, 02:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

etoire

Have you ever felt that there aren't enough traits to immersify your game-play? Well, I've got just the mod for you with Additional Traits! Introducing a wide selection of traits that'll make your game fun and interesting.

These new traits will have a major impact on the variety of pawns you'll be getting.

A list of traits added by this mod can be found here or by scrolling down further: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=29661.msg300473#msg300473

Requires:
Nothing. I recommend having EdB Prepare Carefully so you can choose what traits your starting pawns get, but pawns have a chance to have these traits just by randomizing them.

Acknowledgements:
Thanks to DaemonDeathAngel for showing me that traits can be modified via XML.
Everyone on the modding Discord for encouraging me to continue.

At the time, I'm unable to make modifications and updates to the Additional Traits mod. Thank you for your support!

Downloads:
- Recommended: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=844563435 A17 version by Swenzi
- Github: https://github.com/yliankuo/Additional-Traits

Installation:
- Save-game compatible!
- Unzip into your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate in the in-game mods menu and restart the game. Newly created pawns have a chance to have the new traits!

Update Log:
1/17/2017: Release of version 1.0! Removed Social Impact from Near-sighted trait. Accidentally left that in there.
1/18/2017: Release of version 1.1, introducing thought-impacting traits! Re-balanced commonality of traits so you'll see new traits slightly less frequently. Grammar fixes, some description edits. Hotfix: Confident was making colonists easier to break.
1/19/2017: Release of version 2.0, adding over 20 new traits. New traits are separated into two classes, professional and heroic. Professional traits make a pawn perform well in one particular skill, but their others suffer as a result. Heroic traits are incredibly rare, and a heroic pawn can completely affect the progress of your colony. You'd better hope that the God of War isn't raiding you.
1/22/2017: Made several changes to traits because they weren't working as intended.
1/24/2017: Removed Godly and Heroic traits, rebalanced other traits. Fixed compatibility issue with Psychology, I think.
6/24/2017: With my permission, Swenzi has updated the mod to A17. The updated mod can be found in the links above.

License stuff:
Feel free to tear this one apart to learn how traits are coded in XML or use it in a mod pack or whatever. Just give me some credit if you post the whole thing elsewhere, or a little tagline if I've inspired you somehow!

Current plans:
- None.

Note:
The gods and heroes update introduced new traits that make a pawn, well, godly. If you don't spawn one in via Prepare Carefully, however, note that it only has a fraction of a chance to spawn.

etoire

Ver 1.0 Traits:

• Confident: These pawns are more personable and have an increased break threshold
  • Overweight: Works slower, walks slower.
  • Athletic: Works quicker, walks quicker, aims a little better.
  • Dextrous: Shorter trigger-pull delay, quicker worker. Good with crafts or arts.
  • Perceptive: Improves accuracy.
  • Clean: Healing quality goes up, and food prepared by these people have a reduced chance of being poisonous at the cost of some work speed.
  • Near-sighted: Less accurate.
  • Quick-learner: Learns quicker than the average person.
  • Glutton: Eats quicker than the average person.
  • Healthy: Recovers quicker from illness than the average person.
  • Persuasive: Gets the edge in social performance (Trading, recruitment, etc.)
  • Sucker: Gets suckered into selling for less, and buying for more.
  • Amateur haggler: Gets slightly cheaper prices and sells for slightly higher.
  • Haggling enthusiast: Gets much cheaper prices and sells for a lot more.
  • Awkward: Fumbles through social interactions.
  • Tucker: These pawns are a little more impactful with their words.
  • Melodic: People love interacting with someone with a melodic voice.
  • Uncouth diplomat: Other factions don't like receiving gifts from such an... uncouth person.
  • Diplomatic: Gets a little more bang for his buck.
  • Very diplomatic: Knows how to ease tension between factions with some Ag grease.
  • Shooting amateur:Terrible at shooting. I really wouldn't give this guy a gun.
  • Shooting enthusiast: This sharpshooter is worth his salt.
  • Shooting professional: Rimworld Space Marines!

Ver 1.1 Traits:

• Cold-hearted: Lacks empathy, but more or less blends in with society.
  • Pervert: Unaffected by nudity or sharing a bedroom with strangers. Creepy.
  • Heavy sleeper: Unaffected by people stomping around next to them while they're sleeping.
Introducing THOUGHTS!

• Traits now include mood and relationship impacting effects!

Version 2.0, professions!

• CarefulSurgeon: NAME is a pretty good surgeon, but they takes a bit more time to complete an operation.
  • ProfessionalStoneCutter: NAME likes to cut boulders down to size. Their stone cutting speed is greatly increased, but their lack of passion for other crafts slows them down.
  • ProfessionalButcher: NAME likes dressing animals. Their butchering speed is greatly increased, but they're terrible with mechanoids.
  • ProfessionalTailor: NAME likes making apparel. Their tailoring speed is greatly increased, but they're terrible with smithing.
  • LovedByAnimals: NAME is loved by animals, but people don't feel quite the same.
  • AvidArtist: NAME is an avid artist. Their sculpting speed is greatly increased, but they have a weaker constitution and mind.
  • GeniusResearcher: Strange new ideas just appear in the mind of NAME. Researching new technology comes easily to NAME, but they always seem distracted.
  • GreenestThumb: NAME has a passion for gardening. They know exactly what a plant needs to grow happily.
  • EfficientBuilder: NAME doesn't like to waste materials. They take care in their work.
  • FastMiner: NAME knows how to exploit the cleavage of rocks. They don't understand why plants are so much more fragile, though.

123nick

is it possible to have a version without heavy sleeper? and maybe some other ones, as pyschology already adds in a heavy sleeper trait? maybe just change its name into something else fitting like "deep sleeper" or something, probably sounds dumb but its only too differentiate which perk is from which mod, and maybe compatability reasons.

etoire

Heavy Sleeper was renamed to fix that compatibility issue. Thanks for the report!

topmango18

I'm confused, are the godlike traits removed in the most recent update or not? I may hold off on upgrading if they have been.

Anarcraft

I think 2.1 causes an error when loading my save file.  I want to downgrade to 2.0 to test but where do I find this download?

Icefrenzy

Same problem here. The update broke my save files completely. Link for 2.0 please?

TerrorThomasCao

Very deep! Good job, I especially like the last few ones!

Anarcraft

I've been bitten in the ass so many times by Steam Workshop mods auto updating (which you can't disable) and breaking things (or when a new RimWorld comes out you're completely screwed) that I'm going to manually copy all of the mod folders into RimWorld's "Mods" folder.  Once you do this it automatically starts loading these "local" mods over the Workshop versions.  Then I will evaluate the mods that get automatically updated (using a smart folder on my computer) and CHOOSE if I want to update the mod in the "Mods" folder or not, one at a time, and setting aside the previous version because I will inevitably need it.  I figured I'd share this method here since I just came up with it.  This will also have the added benefit of letting you play offline and/or without Steam.

Still can't confirm if it's this mod that broke things or not...

Anarcraft

Yes!  I hacked my save file enough and got it working!
Step 1: Delete any arrays of items that are throwing errors.  They are in the first "Subnode" listed and in the "id" array. You need to delete one at a time after each load attempt, checking the output_log.  I had to delete 4 items, Apparel_TacVest498500, Gun_ChargeBR919176, Gun_EMPRifle919182 and Apparel_Exoframe402735.
Step 2: To fix the saving errors delete the "taleManager" array.

Hint: Use a good text editor like TextWrangler so you can collapse the arrays for easy viewing/selecting the XML.  Alt-click the disclosure triangles on the left to collapse/expand all.

etoire

Just to clarify, the 2.1 update isn't save-game breaking, none of those items are a part of my mod. The only change people reported after the update is that their pawns had a randomly assigned trait added to them.

People have been requesting that I upload a version with the Gods and Heroic traits, so attached is the old file (with a new name.) Pick one, don't turn them both on because they'll override each other.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Anarcraft

During my testing I agree that it probably wasn't your mod.  The mod that adds the items I had to delete wasn't updated, I have a list of the ones that were (Psychology, Additional Traits, Expanded Incidents, Blueprints, More Furniture).  My guess is Psychology.  Thanks for releasing a version with the other traits.  I'll end the off-topic discussion here of the issue and create another thread if needed.

123nick

were traits like achilies, etc removed? if so, will they be in another mod or addon?