[A16][WIP] Alchemy+Herbalism - and more

Started by Vandris, January 21, 2017, 03:56:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vandris

~~~

This project is currently in the heavy planning stage, with two people working on it. In the early stages, this content will be kept fairly simple until the core aspects are finished. The overall concept is quite expansive, and may likely be incompatible with a lot of user content. I hope to make something very fun and unique. We are very welcome to feedback and suggestions!

Core Aspects

Explore the secrets of alchemy and craft your Magnum Opus
~
Master elemental compounds. Turn silver to gold. Perfect the human body.

Follow the practices of herbalism, either down a destructive or nourishing path
~
Build weapons of decay. Create practical mixtures. See the beauty of nature.

More to come
~

Not all who wander are lost. But oh boy, I sure am.

Techgenius

Must. Have. It. Where. Is. Download. Link ?

Joking aside, this mod looks goooood, I love traps, more the better. Knockout traps for capturing people, laughing gases, sleeper gases, ultimate supreme murder gases. So much potential :D

Vandris

Those are some devilish suggestions! Who knows.. :P This is my first mod ever so I imagine the first few iterations will be atrocious, but the support is appreciated and I plan to stick through and make something that'll cause much pain and suffe- I mean, fun. :)

Vandris

Right well, this is my first try at creating a texture.
I present, the alchemy station

Used the drug lab as a (very loose) base
Small steps!

EDIT: Alchemy Station in game and (mostly) functional!

Techgenius

Shiii it looks GOOD, very good indeed, I wonder if you can also create turrets that spew out alchemical poisons with varying effects, do you have a eta of when you plan a beta release? or even a full?

topmango18

Looks great Vandris, can't wait to see the implementation of toxic IED's and the like.

Techgenius

A cool, yet rare event you could make is turn a colonist into a statue of pure expensive gold that could be either desconstructed or sold, death by transmutation - "Touched by Midas",

Vandris

Once again great suggestions! As for an ETA, I don't want to give an absolute yet, because to be honest this is more of a learning challenge for me. I don't know XML, C#, or how to make Rimworld style art. As part of the challenge though, I will give myself one month to create a mod with enough content, balance, and bug squishery to show to you guys. Let the games begin :P

Vandris

Another workbench done. Bathes your room in a sickly glow for that homely feeling as well.

P.S: How do I override the coloring of the workbench? Like how it shades everything brown because it's made from wood.

Techgenius

Is that an attempt at necromancy? OH BOY, how much I want bone/skull furnitures THERE ARE NO MODS FOR IT, I feel that bones are left off, oh.. making zombie/skeleton slaves :D

Vandris

I imagine undead minions could be achievable in a style similar to Haplo's Robots. Bone Furniture is an easy one. At this rate I'll have to add your name as a contributor for all these ideas! :P

Techgenius

Thank you so much, I'm happy to help in anyway I can, say.. for necromancy, undead pawns would work marvelously well since you already going to have lots of dead bodies, therefore I propose the following:

Skeleton Automatons: Skin/flesh/leather need to be cut off, there are very easy methods to do so, you can allow corpses to take a bath in the sun, rotting away, or build a "Dissection" table, unlike the butchering table, the dissection will allow pawns to pull the peel from the meat and flesh (the meat can still be used though, for food, stew, poison), and leave only the bones/skull, useful for the furniture and reanimation processes, skeletons will need catgut sutures that can be crafted from leather/skins intact sections of bones and thin plastic-compound film to animate the bones from and a psychoid leaves infused skull, for reasons... they are very cheap and always smiling though, can't do anything ranged or chores other than haul and clean, in combat they are quite pathetic, blunt damage is fatal, but they are very resistant to certain types of projectives and cutting damage does only half damage.

I feel inclined to project these zombies, undead hounds/beasts, effigies that shoot poison and can be used as turrets/decoration, mutant pawns you can infuse with varying effects, skelly animals, that dream of making a zombie nazi army of black science.

I'm going to brainwave a little more and come back with more interesting proposals for the latter.

PS: by the way https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6-ZGAGcJrk

Techgenius

Zombies could go a whole frankenstein route, if a compatibility patch is made for EPOE, allowing us to harvest limbs, we can re attach these limbs, yeah sure, dead bodies aren't very harvestable, but the dissection table is there for that matter, a new bill can be made for "Salvage useful bits", allowing pawns to get... somewhat "working" limbs, from humanoids and animals, unlike skeleton automatons, zombies can be re-constructed after being utterly destroyed by something, shots to the head still being fatal, they are quite more resistant than the spooky skellies and with great skill, a reanimator could *teach*, zombies to use handguns, ranged weapons, also equip them with certain armors (nazi mods ahoy), coat them in salts for varying effects, poison attacks, zombify bite abilites allowing zombies to create more zombies, and feast... allowing zombies to regenerate un-health by consuming corpses

Bathing zombies in salt and wrapping them in cloth could also make a very resistant zombie/mummified mummy

Undead Animals are very simple, re attach lost appendages, suture and reanimate till dust. Best mens friend can be a friend forever naw :3 (probably reworking this theory)

Mutants could be made from living pawns, mutations could potentially replace "cybernetics", implants, allowing for more varied effects, stuff like giving poison claws, regeneration, resistant flesh, zombifying bite/touch, plague nails, with a witcher-esque toxicity, if a pawn has too many mutations it could die, or lose entire body parts, limbs making these parts unsalvageable, create mindless lobotomite mutants by cutting their brain and putting a tesla coil inside, giving these mutant lobotomites a 100+ positive mood at the expense of their individuality. Removing them from the colonists pool, while they still retain a small fraction of their former skills/abilities, but hey.. loyal brainless minions, who can argue now? certainly not them, sycophant followers :D

Reanimation is tricky, you need a bunch of reagents/mutation compounds to reanimate simple and advanced corpses, but also.. lightning, to do so, we need to attract storms, or research a ultra tier tesla coil turret/tower. Lets focus on the storms first, by building lightning attracting conduits around reanimation circles about 20x20 sizes we can harness the power from the sky and use it to reanimate corpses and provide a tiny bit of Power to batteries, Tesla coil turrets harness lightning stored in batteries to reanimate prepared corpses or as a defense mechanism against intruders, effigies are reanimated undead creatures made into grotesque turrets that can be infused with flame/poison ranged attacks, and increase beauty for cannibals and psycopaths.

Oh by the way, poison pool traps, poisoned slime monsters you can create to attack and eat anything, flying evil skulls that shoot lightning. There is so much more, I will unearth the arcana and bring the lore to you.

Vandris

Something like this perhaps? ;)

Edit: think I made the image a bit better

Vandris

In terms of implementation, I could make a new Race for undead things, shouldn't be too hard. Adding undead animals would be cool. An obvious offset to these would be hefty negative mood effects. Nobody likes rotting flesh and all that. I will consider any and all suggestions, but one of my main focuses is maintaining balance with the vanilla game. Fun, varied content is another though so I'll add everything I can, if I can. I love the idea of organic body altering with mutation. Could attach new limbs and organs, that deteriorate over time and that are more susceptible to disease as a trade off. Or specialized attachments that boost one thing but reduce another. Things to think about. Once again, thanks for the suggestions.