visitor zone, safety zone

Started by keylocke, April 12, 2014, 12:22:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keylocke

-visitor zone : neutral visitors from other faction will idle in this location when they visit your colony. while neutral travelers will just go wherever they feel like as always.

-safety zone : when the notification for raiders initiating their attack pops up, undrafted colonists will only choose jobs within the safety zone until the notification of fleeing from all hostile parties in the map pops up. (this effect only happens on events such as raider attacks and massive animal attacks)

DethBringa

ohh thats a good one. I've found it kind of annoying that my colonists only want to collect stuff from miles away when there is a raider party in that area.
Maybe a panic button that you can toggle so you can restrict to safe zone when you want.

Peacekeep3r777

Agree, great idea, especially the visiot zone :).

Roadie

I like both.

The visitor zone could also open up some secondary gameplay - say, you could set a bill to deliver high-quality food or other goods to visitors there as gifts, and if they like what you give them, word will get around and the next group of visitors might give you gifts in return (lower total resource value but of things that are harder to acquire) or might hunt animals for you.

Louist

Quote from: DethBringa on April 13, 2014, 02:21:29 PM
ohh thats a good one. I've found it kind of annoying that my colonists only want to collect stuff from miles away when there is a raider party in that area.
Maybe a panic button that you can toggle so you can restrict to safe zone when you want.

A panic button would be cool. Maybe have it cause a bit of fear and unhappiness, too. "The raiders are coming! Save yourselves!"

Somz

+1, the safe zone is a good idea indeed.
To beer or not to beer.
That is a laughable question.

Monkfish

+2!

Nothing worse than seeing "A colonist needs rescuing" and realising that someone you missed has wandered off outside the colony to get some potatoes and promptly got shot full of holes. ::)
<insert witty signature here>

Selgald

Gread idea, I also would like to see a "combat zone".
Means everyone with a weapon goes to this zone when an attack starts.

When you have more than 20 colonists = a lot of micromanagement ^^
Deutsches RimWorld Let's Play: YouTube Selgald

Dr. Z

+3

That's one of the best ideas if seen here. I agree to the people above me.
Prasie the Squirrel!

Kesran

great ideas - both the above mentioned zones would be really useful!

Plasmatic

I'd love a visitor zone.. if it includes friendly raiders..

I hate when I set up a good defense with turrets and everything and friendly raiders show up with grenades.. accidentally miss and hit one of my turrets and KABOOM, insta bad karma...

Or they just simply steal the spots I had planned for my own colonists!

Dr. Z

Prasie the Squirrel!

Plasmatic

Quote from: Dr. Z on April 18, 2014, 12:45:46 PM
Friendly raiders?

yes, the ones that send friendly parties that "move in to help you immediately"