[MOD] (Alpha 3) Galactic Trader

Started by zelldot, April 13, 2014, 09:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zelldot

Introducing the next version of the "Galactic Meat Trader" mod, the "Galactic Trader" mod.

This mod pack is a major upgrade from the original "Galactic Meat Trade" and is back compatible with any saved maps using the "Galactic Meat Trade" mod.
Please note a few changes which will happen when upgrading from an older save:

• It require more points to research space crates. You will have to research a few more points to re-unlock the crate handler if you had it unlocked.
  • Also the crate handler now requires power, but does not get damaged in the rain.
  • Once saved a map can not return to the "Galactic Meat Trader" version.

So what is in this mod:

• A load of new ships types to trade with including mining and cannibal ships.
  • 4 new work benches, the stasis crate handler, the medical lab, the space fuel enricher and the heavy ammo press.
  • 4 new research projects, one for each bench.
  • 8 new crates, agave, berries, potatoes, muffalo, boomrat, squirrel, human and space fuel.
  • All food is protected from being eaten while in a crate.
  • Make built in game items, missiles, shells and medicine.
  • All the benches can be built outside apart from the space fuel enricher.
  • All the benches require a power supply.

To download: Click Here (Version 408 & 409)

I am currently in talks about making a synth meat version of this mod pack!

If you enjoy this mod or wish me to make version compatible with your own mod, please feel free to comment, I am also open to suggestion to improve this mode.

If you use our mods in any youtube videos, we would love to see your video, we have already seen a few videos out there with our mods in!

You can follow our current creation just as they are coming out on our facebook page.

Psyckosama

You see the possible alternate art I posted in the other thread?

zelldot

Yes, thanks for the artwork, would you like to make an art pack for this mod? I will put it up as a official download on our website and facebook, and in this post.

I was looking for something a bit more of a space cargo look. This mod now uses metal and requires power to make the crates. The reason I called them stasis crates in this version is because I was thinking of some space age packing system that freezes the contents in time.

I hope you enjoyed the last version, I have added quite a bit more to this version. I also look forward with working on synthmeat with you.

Psyckosama

Quote from: zelldot on April 13, 2014, 11:05:52 PM
Yes, thanks for the artwork, would you like to make an art pack for this mod? I will put it up as a official download on our website and facebook, and in this post.

Possibly. I need to know exactly what you need.

QuoteI was looking for something a bit more of a space cargo look. This mod now uses metal and requires power to make the crates. The reason I called them stasis crates in this version is because I was thinking of some space age packing system that freezes the contents in time.

Reason I did the look I did was because the game is based on Firefly to a great degree. I believe the whole stasis thing is a bit beyond the tech level as presented for the game.

As for the crates themselves I was thinking that they flat pack. They're basically 6 panel box assembled and then stripped apart when unloaded.

Though Honestly we could make it so unpacking them and building them requires different buildings.

Packing and unpacking, you just need to build an packing area and have an unused crate.

The crate press is basically a mold that creates new crates from metal...

As for the white area on the boxes, well, that's the area that you use to indicate what it is. Just recolor it according to your needs in Gimp.

QuoteI hope you enjoyed the last version, I have added quite a bit more to this version. I also look forward with working on synthmeat with you.

jamieg

Zell you got it finished last night? AWESOME brother!!(does that mean you have time for the edibles textures ;)) cant wait to see what people think of this man nice 1!
YES! Its true! im updating The BIG BANG mod pack check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orzLZbECR20&list=UUr1sEPUEhFqy01q16zGisIg

Psyckosama

How do these look?

And unpacking bench, a basic crate, and a injection mold for making crates from cast metal.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

zelldot

The look good but will require a different way of doing this mod. I might have to look into this way, but at the moment i have 1 or 2 other projects i am working on

Vas

Found a typo or something.  :P
         <li>
            <itemDef>Metal</itemDef>
            <dropPriceModifier>Cheap</dropPriceModifier>
            <amountMin>500</amountMin>
            <amountMax>100</amountMax>
         </li>

Look closely at min and max.  crate_miner_slave_2.xml
I'm modding all your files to make some better traders that are compatible with other mods.  :P  A and deleting some of your duplicate traders that just give extra amounts of stuff.  That's why I noticed it.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

Sicken

Great mod i use it all the time, hope to see more from this mod

jamieg

Quote from: Sicken on April 24, 2014, 08:35:31 AM
Great mod i use it all the time, hope to see more from this mod

This mods been put on hold for the time being, as we are working on something better. You can see it by clicking on the banner below my post :D
YES! Its true! im updating The BIG BANG mod pack check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orzLZbECR20&list=UUr1sEPUEhFqy01q16zGisIg

Demonlord091

Any chance this and/or the future glorious mod will end up on the Nexus?

Mediafire is nice enough but I don't exactly like using a website where the download gets blocked by Malwarebytes.

Mod does look interesting though.

jamieg

Thats strange? blocked as malware, you can just turn your settings to allow it....Mediafire may possible be the most trusted, popular uploading site, but yes when e release Unknown World most probs :)

JKTD1919

Os iusti meditabitur sapientian, et lingua eius loquetur iudicium. Venerit vir qui sufferit tentationem.

jamieg

unfortunately me and zelldot will not be updating any of our mods or creating new ones sorry about that!!

vagineer1

Quote from: jamieg on July 03, 2014, 06:13:36 AM
unfortunately me and zelldot will not be updating any of our mods or creating new ones sorry about that!!

Could you at least give a reason for this?
You see this tank?

This tank is the epitome of "I'm going to destroy you"

This tank can make Chuck norris cry.

All hail the Takemikazuchi.