[MOD REQ] FORCE treating / going to hospital

Started by swatti, February 08, 2017, 09:19:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

swatti

I keep losing people because they go cooking or cutting trees when their arm was just ripped off by a bear... Or because the medic was sleeping.

Simple idea: If bleeding, or hurt. Go to hospital bed. If people injured, ignore ALL other tasks and treat them.

Can it be done?

Would be nice if these could be prioriticed. Based on how badly the person is hurt. Basic injuries are treated by lower skilled medics, critical injuries are given to the best skilled (and thus fastest) medic.

Brovahkii

Quote from: swatti on February 08, 2017, 09:19:46 AM
I keep losing people because they go cooking or cutting trees when their arm was just ripped off by a bear... Or because the medic was sleeping.

Simple idea: If bleeding, or hurt. Go to hospital bed. If people injured, ignore ALL other tasks and treat them.

Can it be done?

Change manual priority of these to 1 since their default is 3. You don't need a mod for this.
Would be nice if these could be prioriticed. Based on how badly the person is hurt. Basic injuries are treated by lower skilled medics, critical injuries are given to the best skilled (and thus fastest) medic.
Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?

swatti

I re-did ALL the priorities and still things went bad.

The medics went to sleep. Some of them died while sleeping and the patients died bleeding to death.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: swatti on February 16, 2017, 02:16:49 PM
I re-did ALL the priorities and still things went bad.

The medics went to sleep. Some of them died while sleeping and the patients died bleeding to death.

As long as you have beds marked as medical available (not in use by other pawns), you can select the pawn that is hurt and right click on a medical bed and tell them to "rest until healed"

As far as doctors waking up to treat patients, there is currently no in game mechanic to wake them up, you'll have to monitor that directly, or else have a doctors on multiple shifts with a high priority for doctoring.