[Tool] (A16) (A17 compatible) Simple Save Editor

Started by arkatufus, February 09, 2017, 07:32:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arkatufus

Quote from: AngleWyrm on March 31, 2017, 06:29:03 PM
Maybe my computer is just too old. :/

Have you tried updating your .Net Framework runtime? The editor uses .Net Framework 4.5.2, so anything from there and up should work.
Try downloading the web installer here:
https://www.microsoft.com/net/download/framework

AngleWyrm

The *.RWS save files appear to function as a compressed file.
If I press View in WinRAR it will show me the text of an xml file. But any attempt to extract it confuses WinRAR and it declares an unknown file format.

Are *.RWS files stored in a standard compression method, and if so which one?
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

arkatufus

Quote from: AngleWyrm on April 02, 2017, 01:24:26 PM
Are *.RWS files stored in a standard compression method, and if so which one?

Its not compressed, just open it with a text editor, and yes, its written in XML format.

thundyuk

When I try run this it simply spins the "Busy" icon and then nothing happens. :-/
I've updated to the latest .NET Framework as I thought it might be out of date but no joy. There's no errors etc.
I've tried the x86 and 64bit version.
Any ideas?

pervertparade

Quote from: thundyuk on April 30, 2017, 10:43:47 AM
When I try run this it simply spins the "Busy" icon and then nothing happens. :-/

Same here.  Checked event logs, found the following:

Application: RimWorldSaveManager.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32, System.String)
   at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].CommonInit()
   at System.IO.Directory.GetDirectories(System.String)
   at RimWorldSaveManager.DataLoader..ctor()
   at RimWorldSaveManager.MainForm..ctor()
   at RimWorldSaveManager.Program.Main()

Faulting application name: RimWorldSaveManager.exe, version: 0.5.4.5, time stamp: 0x58dead52
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.14393.1066, time stamp: 0x58d9ef32
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x0000000000033c58
Faulting process id: 0x1e54
Faulting application start time: 0x01d2c2c4274ae531
Faulting application path: C:\Temp\RimWorldSaveManager.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 32d6466f-f910-4c6c-83d0-a6ef8f480fd3
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Edit: nevermind, it's working now.  When the description says "you can place it in your root game folder" it means that you MUST place it in your root game folder.

arkatufus

Sorry, the zip file should've contained the "how to install.txt" file, I guess I forgot to include it in the latest downloadable zip file x__x

thundyuk

Ooh thank you :)
I'll give it a re-download.

TOG II

When I try to edit a save file wherein I only have a custom race in my colony, it doesn't detect them as colonists.
░░░░░░███████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
   ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████]
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤

arkatufus

It only edit spacer and tribal characters as of now. Can you tell me which mod are you using?

TOG II

Quote from: arkatufus on May 07, 2017, 04:45:07 AM
It only edit spacer and tribal characters as of now. Can you tell me which mod are you using?
I'm using the Apini mod.
░░░░░░███████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
   ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████]
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤

arkatufus

Quote from: TOG II on May 23, 2017, 07:47:43 AM
I'm using the Apini mod.
Hmm... I'd like to help, but I couldn't find a working download for "Humanoid Alien Framework" mod required to run the Apini mod.

thinkpad

All of a sudden this has stopped working for me.  I'm still on A16 and today I went to use it and it's saying Rimworld Save Manager stopped working...Looking for solution. This is Windows 7 64bit. 

arkatufus

Quote from: thinkpad on May 31, 2017, 03:35:08 AM
All of a sudden this has stopped working for me.  I'm still on A16 and today I went to use it and it's saying Rimworld Save Manager stopped working...Looking for solution. This is Windows 7 64bit.

And you're using v0.54.5? That's weird, because I didn't make any changes whatsoever... can you send me your save file so I can try and reproduce the problem?

thinkpad

I found a workaround, I "rented" the game on the library computer, and copied ONLY the mods/core folder, cause that is what the editor needs to work, and it worked.  Made a new folder in the rimworld folder and put the editor and the "rented" mods/core folder and it works again
No clue why it stopped working before.  I compared the "rented" mods/core folder and my steam copy's mods/core folder files and they are the same.  All I know is it's working with my little trick.  If you are wondering if I kept the "rented" copy of the game I did not, I only kept the mods/core folder, nothing else.

It wasn't the save file causing the error, I can't figure out what caused it but I have 8 errors from my attempts to get the program working logged in my event viewer in Windows 7 64bit

If I do ever figure out what caused the problem I'll be sure to write down step by step what I did to reproduce the issue

TOG II

Quote from: arkatufus on May 23, 2017, 11:07:57 AM
Quote from: TOG II on May 23, 2017, 07:47:43 AM
I'm using the Apini mod.
Hmm... I'd like to help, but I couldn't find a working download for "Humanoid Alien Framework" mod required to run the Apini mod.

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=29353.msg335816#msg335816
░░░░░░███████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
   ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████]
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤