Murderous Visitors

Started by Delta_Com, April 14, 2014, 07:24:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delta_Com

So I guess because of the new factions sometimes hating each other, earlier today, I had group visit my colony only to shoot through the "windows" (embrasures) in my jail and murder the inmates, and then leave. Anyone have similar experiences?

StorymasterQ

"Fancy seeing you behind bars."
"You're not gonna shoot an unarmed man, are you?"
"Yes. Yes, I am."
*BANG*
*Leaves*

Yeah, perhaps captured hostiles should change to neutral in terms of faction hostility.  A few more kinks in the faction system. Well, alpha game is alpha.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Splinterbee

Oh it gets worse. I had 2 factions visit and since they hated eachother they went in an all out battle with me in the middle. Then when one faction won they both hated me and became hostile cause of all the people who they lost. And the remainder used grenades to blow my base to smitherines
Video games, are pretty good

Delta_Com

Quote from: Splinterbee on April 15, 2014, 06:01:48 PM
Oh it gets worse. I had 2 factions visit and since they hated eachother they went in an all out battle with me in the middle. Then when one faction won they both hated me and became hostile cause of all the people who they lost. And the remainder used grenades to blow my base to smitherines
ouch.

StorymasterQ

Wait, so factions hostile to each other battle it out in your territory, and they blame you for their members' deaths? Yeah, that's a bit dodgy, isn't it?
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Splinterbee

Quote from: StorymasterQ on April 15, 2014, 08:34:17 PM
Wait, so factions hostile to each other battle it out in your territory, and they blame you for their members' deaths? Yeah, that's a bit dodgy, isn't it?
happened to me. maybe cause my people went hostile on them after they killed my chef
Video games, are pretty good

123nick

i like the little "bugs" in the current faction system i think these bugs should be renamed as features, because if you ask me its cool that they end up shooting your colonist after battling. and shooting prisoners. its neat if yoou ask me.

Tynan

That thing with visitors killing the prisoners is hilarious. Never saw it or anticipated it. I love emergent gameplay...

As for the other thing, they shouldn't aggro you unless something of yours hurts them. If they do it'd be a bug.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog