Burning Drugs in bulk

Started by Swat_Raptor, February 16, 2017, 11:46:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swat_Raptor

I mean really why are we burning drugs one unit at a time? This is doubly annoying when I see that a pawn who has hauling and crafting rights decides to walk all the way out to a pick up one pill and then take it back to the crematory and then goes back to pick up another single pill.

I'm guessing this happens because crafting is higher on the list than hauling but burning stuff should perhaps be the exception to this.

introducing a burn recipes for 3, 5 and 10 unit quantities would help greatly reduce this wasteful behavior and this would be a decent mod or feature. and also it makes more sense. Just toss the whole load of drugs into the fire, not one at a time.

SpaceDorf

Well .. there is this little micro trick used with bodies.

Make a stockpile, surround it with brick walls and brick door .. throw in a molotov.

Problem solved. Stuff burned in bulk.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Swat_Raptor

true but not a fan of personally micromanaging continual and trivial task, I have Real Life for that pleasure.

OFWG

Never used that particular task (burn drugs) but that does sound like a hassle. I'd put a critical-priority drug stockpile right next to the crematorium so the haulers move the drugs in bulk.
Quote from: sadpickle on August 01, 2018, 05:03:35 PM
I like how they saw the naked guy with no food and said, "what he needs is an SMG."

Swat_Raptor

Crafting takes priority before hauling, so Crafters will travel all the way out to where ever the drugs are and pick them up 1 by 1 instead of hauling the drugs first then beginning the burning process.

infact I think that even if a hauler isn't assigned to crafting they will still engage in the crafting/burning process dragging the drugs back 1 by 1 to burn before they haul them to the stock pile.

OFWG

Quote from: Swat_Raptor on February 16, 2017, 01:22:59 PM
Crafting takes priority before hauling ...

You have to use detailed work priorities with the game in its current state, it's essentially impossible to use the simplified. So, set at least one person's hauling priority higher than their crafting and they'll haul first.

Quote from: Swat_Raptor on February 16, 2017, 01:22:59 PM
infact I think that even if a hauler isn't assigned to crafting they will still engage in the crafting/burning ...

Is that a bug or something? I've never heard of it.

Edit: Today I learned that cremating is a haul job!
Quote from: sadpickle on August 01, 2018, 05:03:35 PM
I like how they saw the naked guy with no food and said, "what he needs is an SMG."

Swat_Raptor

next time I open the game I'll double check that point but I think that pawns assigned to hauling can perform the burning operation at the Crematory which works fine for dead pawns but when it comes to drugs this is counter productive because it would be better to first move them to the stockpile.

PetWolverine

Cremating and burying are haul jobs, not craft jobs, and they seem to take precedence over other haul jobs.

You can reduce the radius that the burn job will look for items in, though. Put a stockpile right next to the crematorium, make the radius tiny, let them haul a stack and then burn it.

Project 06

If you're interested I've created a mod for the latest version of Rimworld that allows you to burn drugs in sets of 5 and 20. Just search "Bulk Drug Burning" in the steam workshop. Report to me if there's any issues with it.

Swat_Raptor

Well this thread was way more successful than I anticipated. Thanks guys. Running a puritan colony has never been easier