"impassable" mountains

Started by CrackWhore96, February 23, 2017, 10:05:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrackWhore96

So i started a new game after i continued to get wiped out all the time, and thougth a mountain map would do me good. So i spent 10+ hours on it and did very good. But then i tried to send caravans to trade and attack others. But i couldnt, i was trapped. But other traders and raiders can enter my town without a problem. My town is located between "impassable" mountains that only i cant cross.  http://imgur.com/2hmijdg

DanielCoffey

Can you use drop pods to get out?
Caselabs S8 : Intel 7700K 5.0GHz 1.30V / 32Gb DDR4 3000 / ASUS 780 Ti 3Gb 1274 boost, 7800 mem / Samsung 850 Pro 256Gb, 2x Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb / Dell U2715H 27" 2560x1440 / Corsair AX860I / APC SMT1000I / Linux Mint 18.1 64-bit

hwfanatic

Have you tried using a different exit point? The mountain to the top doesn't look impassable.

CrackWhore96

Quote from: DanielCoffey on February 23, 2017, 10:17:50 AM
I have not tried that no. But i have never used it and i guess it only goes one way? I want to get back again.

CrackWhore96

Quote from: hwfanatic on February 23, 2017, 10:30:10 AM
Have you tried using a different exit point? The mountain to the top doesn't look impassable.
It surrounds me completely :-/

SpaceDorf

Quote from: CrackWhore96 on February 23, 2017, 10:46:14 AM
Quote from: DanielCoffey on February 23, 2017, 10:17:50 AM
I have not tried that no. But i have never used it and i guess it only goes one way? I want to get back again.

You have to take enough material with you to get back, or build a base to send you back.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

CrackWhore96

Thanks SpaceDorf, i made a base. But hope they change that it is impassable only for the player and not the ai. Should be possible for player and ai to send caravans through mountains. And maby make a travel penalty through it. But this is a small problem, i have not seen a thread on this about my problem.   :o

O Negative

Most people don't land in a bowl lmao

Mountains already hinder travel speed, there are just some that you can't travel over or through.

Sorry about your predicament :/

Barazen

always wondered how the ai gets in... Maybe we can get some more friendly events like "SECRET PASSAGE!" that makes a nearby Impassable mountain path passable? (with penalties of course)

Or maybe more world map interactions like sending groups into them to look for a way through?
Anyone else felt their heart break when a pawns marriage falls apart?
Doc & Valarie, I shipped it, she flipped it.

O Negative

I always thought building roads and tunnels on tiles you don't plan on using would be nice :)

Establishing trade routes, and creating a more civilized world with roads could be a step towards a new win condition :D

Hans Lemurson

Maybe the there is some sort of secret tunnel through the mountains.
Mental break: playing RimWorld
Hans Lemurson is hiding in his room playing computer games.
Final straw was: Overdue projects.

grinch

raiders are created at the moment the event triggers which means a 1-tile island colony or a surrounded impasable one is going to be raided by "walking" raiders