The shortest story I've ever had.

Started by makkenhoff, February 26, 2017, 05:57:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

makkenhoff

I've just landed, both excited and curious about my new home. I gather my supplies and build my research station and a wind turbine. I'm excited to get to work, but I don't want the rain to spoil my day, so I build a quick awning, using the side of the nearby tall hill.

One small mining job later...

As I write this, I'm severely bleeding from my neck, my awning crashed down on me, cutting my neck deeply. To whomever finds this note, for the love of research, publish this brief research paper on why awnings built on unstable hillsides can risk you getting your neck sliced open, which is bad for your health.

Signed, Amelia 'Engie' Flais

Less than 2 hours into my game, I accidentally bring a roof down on her, and it deeply slices her neck. So much blood in the area she was continuing "research" despite the critical neck wound. I just felt it would be improper to ignore her dedication to research.

Sniper Pilot

RIP. I'm gonna create the "The Amelia Flais Institute" Dedicatrd to research and enlighting the people of Ramna IV.

bierdeckelkanne

She would have died anyway on this Rimworld, don't be sad :'(

Jake

My first (and, to date, last) time playing the Cthulu Mythos mod, complete with the Lovecraft AI storyteller. I combined it with a custom starting scenario that's supposed to make the early game a bit easier, but I reckon it tricked ol' HP into thinking we could take a lot more than we could. The colony lasted about two in-game months, with the last survivor freezing to death as they lay crippled in the snow.

Thyme

Quote from: makkenhoff on February 26, 2017, 05:57:46 PM
[...] awnings built on unstable hillsides can risk you getting your neck sliced open [...]
thank you Cpt. Obvious
Quote from: makkenhoff on February 26, 2017, 05:57:46 PM
[...] which is bad for your health. [...]
I said thank you!
I'm from Austria. If I offend you, it's usually inadvertently.
Snowmen army, Chemfuel Generator, Electric Stonecutting, Smelting Tweak