Impossible relationship

Started by TTMegee, March 06, 2017, 06:42:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TTMegee

So i was playing, and i was raided. Ok nothing special, relationship with colonists? No big deal. So i get through the raid and the person with the relation is leaving, so good. But then i look at the relation and notice something odd, she is the daughter and granddaughter of 2 different colonists (i will call him C) but the person who is her mother (A) is the mother of the grandmother of C (B). To explain it, A is B & C's mother, but the game says that C is B's granddaughter. If you write it down as a heritage chart you will realize it's impossible. If anyone else gets something like this, i encourage you to post it here.

BetaSpectre

I had a 44 year old daughter of a 19 year old grandmother.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

makkenhoff

Not impossible, you are excluding genetic engineering as a viable option - but it is amusing. For reference https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaguya_(mouse)

RyanRim

You can't blame it as mistake, this is still sci-fi and very random. I got these cases loads of times, haven't found them disturbing.

✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯

forestfey

i have a rather uncanny savegame. I'm not sure how to continue, but I'm veryyyy glad the colony recruited the crashlanded Asari...
Quite a load of screenshots, but the bugreports are so classy, too. cassandra got repeatedly raidblocked, but I'm also playing on a very easy level :P
GGWP+salutes

My access time is still rather restricted, so pls tell in an easy understandable way how I can provide the savegame and/or bugreports. And what I should do with this... genie. I have to be back in 2 hours...
"Despite all our accomplishments, we owe our existence to a six-inch layer of top-soil and the fact that it rains."
_
Klirrend klare Nacht
funkelt durch den Schleier.
Entfaltung nach innen

Jingling clear night
Sparkles through the veil.
Unfolding inwards

b0rsuk

Please watch the movie "Chinatown" directed by Roman Polański.

dragonalumni

Look more carefully at the chronological age and not the biological.

forestfey

Quote from: b0rsuk on March 10, 2017, 12:33:28 PM
Please watch the movie "Chinatown" directed by Roman Polański.
I'm not sure I can do that any time soon, but I get your drift...
Quote from: dragonalumni on March 11, 2017, 08:09:42 AM
Look more carefully at the chronological age and not the biological.
That was a funny one. I swear, most of the hospitality guests the storyteller spits out have a rly good time... Preparing 2 more screenshot collections, while trying to remember what exactly it could have been that I did to "break" the savegame and get that bug when i tried to load it again after just a walk outside later. Wifi was never turned on during that last, longer playsession O.o
My aim was to prepare a raid on that ancient danger, then mayyybe found a cult... lol

here they are. Again, quite a load (several MB >.<), but...there was so much happening!
foundations
damn, that didn't go as planned...
and now the savegame is broken, the map can't load coz someone is missing unknown?
"Despite all our accomplishments, we owe our existence to a six-inch layer of top-soil and the fact that it rains."
_
Klirrend klare Nacht
funkelt durch den Schleier.
Entfaltung nach innen

Jingling clear night
Sparkles through the veil.
Unfolding inwards

Dorian

Easy explanation.  Grandpa had so much time in cryosleep that his grandkids ended up being older than him.

shaya

Quote from: TTMegee on March 06, 2017, 06:42:09 PM
A is B & C's mother, but the game says that C is B's granddaughter.

That relationship tree really does my head in. But its possible if you accept incest and cryosleep.

The following story shows how A can be the mother of B and C, whilst simultaneously explaining how B can be the grandmother of C.

A has a daughter B then A goes to cryosleep. B is captured as a young teenager, raped and at delivery, has a massive post partum haemorrhage that forces her captors to put her in a cryosleep casket. The male baby grows up to be a raider and eventually wakes A from cryosleep. They form a loving relationship and give birth to C, but not before multiple miscarriages makes them see a doctor who runs some genetics tests and discovers that they are related. In this scenario, A is mother to both B and C whilst simultaneously, B is grandmother to C.

BetaSpectre

Rimworld incest does exist, it's a rare occurance between pretty colonists, and it's a social debuff with everyone involved.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO