[A17] Change Dresser

Started by Kiame, March 07, 2017, 03:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xubrim

Great work, thanks for the mod. Not being able to control armor color/hair style has always been one of my biggest annoyances, and I couldn't ask for an easier GUI.

Kiame

Fixed an issue where loading a save with pawns on the world map would unassign any assigned apparel sets

Added an "Empty" button which will dump all stored apparel onto the ground (does not drop storage group apparel)
This is to make selling the apparel easier if the change dresser is near a trade beacon.

direct download: https://github.com/KiameV/rimworld-changedresser/releases/download/20170704/ChangeDresser.zip
Also updated on steam

lllMWNlll

Hey. I got a bug.

The builds of "Change Dresser" and "Mirror" return this at the debug:
https://gist.github.com/45f1c6e3b0032ef04bf432c5b4ba93c2

Any ideas what should be?

Kiame

These lines are suspicious

Could not find a type named ChangeDresser.DresserJobDriver.JobDriver_ChangeApparelColor
Could not find a type named ChangeDresser.DresserJobDriver.JobDriver_ChangeHairStyle
Could not find a type named ChangeDresser.DresserJobDriver.JobDriver_ChangeHairStyle
Could not find a type named ChangeDresser.DresserJobDriver.JobDriver_ChangeBody
Could not find a type named ChangeDresser.DresserJobDriver.JobDriver_StoreApparel
Could not find a type named ChangeDresser.DresserJobDriver.JobDriver_WearApparelGroup
Could not find a type named ChangeDresser.DresserJobDriver.JobDriver_WearApparelFromStorage
Could not find a type named ChangeDresser.Building_Dresser
Could not find a type named ChangeDresser.Building_ChangeMirror

It does not look like you have all the files. Did you download it from github or steam or somewhere else?

lllMWNlll

Quote from: Kiame on July 27, 2017, 11:11:48 PM
These lines are suspicious

Could not find a type named ChangeDresser.DresserJobDriver.JobDriver_ChangeApparelColor
Could not find a type named ChangeDresser.DresserJobDriver.JobDriver_ChangeBody
Could not find a type named ChangeDresser.DresserJobDriver.JobDriver_StoreApparel
Could not find a type named ChangeDresser.DresserJobDriver.JobDriver_WearApparelGroup
Could not find a type named ChangeDresser.DresserJobDriver.JobDriver_WearApparelFromStorage
Could not find a type named ChangeDresser.Building_Dresser
Could not find a type named ChangeDresser.Building_ChangeMirror

It does not look like you have all the files. Did you download it from github or steam or somewhere else?

I did download from github. Should i download again?

Kiame

Added French translation and updated Japanese translation.

Kiame

Updated on steam and direct download

Male hair that is shared between both genders should now be listed.

Added a new way to select hair using a list of hairs. Mouse over to see the preview. Click to select.
To revert back to the old way with the <- [Selection] -> there's a Mod Setting to change back.

Schwartz

Nice mod. A couple of ideas to improve it:

The Hair Style/Color screen could automatically show the pawn without a helmet, regardless of the Rimworld helmet on/off setting.
The Apparel Color screen allows you to pick from RGB or a shade of gray, but doesn't allow a full range of saturation & value combinations for muted colors. There are some muted colors in the game (auburn power armor, some clothing), so I assume this is possible? This would also be nice for hair colors.

Kiame

Quote from: Schwartz on August 09, 2017, 10:56:35 AM
Nice mod. A couple of ideas to improve it:

The Hair Style/Color screen could automatically show the pawn without a helmet, regardless of the Rimworld helmet on/off setting.
The Apparel Color screen allows you to pick from RGB or a shade of gray, but doesn't allow a full range of saturation & value combinations for muted colors. There are some muted colors in the game (auburn power armor, some clothing), so I assume this is possible? This would also be nice for hair colors.

Helmets automatically off i've been meaning to look into. IIRC when I first made the mod I did not want to override the rendering pipeline as that would make it incompatible with with quite a few other mods. What I may do is tie in another one of my mods - Show Hair or Hide All Hats https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=33575.0. If i go that direction:

• If the user does not have that mod, hats would still be rendered if the pawn is wearing one
  • If the user does have that mod, worn hats would be hidden while in the change dresser gui

As for colors, all available colors are selectable from color pallet/RGB values as HSL (hue/saturation/lightness) are just a different way of representing the same values.

Schwartz

Simple experiment:

Grab a hare leather duster, which has values of 131 / 128 / 108. Try to find that color through the color picker. You can't.

Yes you can input these values into the R, G and B fields, but you cannot select this combination through the color picker. The picker always ties the 3 values together and doesn't allow for a full range of all of them. Which excludes a lot of the muted colors with less than full saturation, i.e. stuff with gray in it.

Kiame

Hmm interesting. Here i just assumed the pallet worked for most if not all colors. WHat's a better pallet to use?

Kiame

I can't promise anything but I will try my hand at making something more like this:

Maybe keep the current color picker, just add the extra sliders

Schwartz

This one's taken from Photoshop. It may be a little overbuilt, but something similar with color slider and 2D color map along with RGB, HSB values would be nice.

Your suggestion would be fine as well. Like added extra sliders that alter the palette as you're moving them.

Kiame

I saw that too... I need to see what unity has to offer. I know how i'd do it with vertex rendering. Again no promises here  ;)

It seems like an interesting problem so i'll make my first go at it tonight.

Kiame

Hats are now hidden while a pawn is using the Change Dresser or Change Mirror and in the Change Hair screen.

Added new color picker sliders for RGB+HSL. Since this is not as user friendly it's disabled by default. To turn it on go to Mod Settings->Change Dresser and check "Use RGB + HSL Sliders".

Direct download and Steam have been updated.