[A17] Change Dresser

Started by Kiame, March 07, 2017, 03:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiame

@Lethe

Yep no pants are shown :P

Just part of the game which this mod can show in it's full glory! Why sometimes you'll get a wanderer who appears to be naked but actually isn't because they're wearing pants.

Kiame

Beta Release:

I've been working on making the Change Dresser into a Storage Zone. It's a work in progress and I wanted to see what people think so far. I am not going to update the steam version as of yet with this so here's the release: https://github.com/KiameV/rimworld-changedresser/releases/tag/beta20170320

This will work with current save games. Just be aware, any Change Dressers that already existed will not accept any apparel by default and you will need to go into their storage tab and set it there.

All new dressers will accept all apparel at an Important level.

Note:
-If there is apparel stored in the dresser and the apparel does not meet the storage requirements (hp/condition too low or storage parameters set) the apparel will be dropped on the floor. This happens every minute or so (as in if the storage settings are changed it could take a minute for the apparel to get dumped -- i decided to go this route to keep the Change Dresser from not using too many cpu cycles)
-The above point does not count against Storage Groups at this point.

Please feel free to give feedback!

AngleWyrm

A Couple Issues
I went into the Change Dresser with the Unwear command and then offloaded all my apparel into the dresser using the right arrows. Clicking on the button above gave the option to create a clothing group from storage, so I wouldn't have to walk around naked -- thanks for that!

So I began that process in my dresser full of stuff, and there was a vertical scroll bar to scroll down below all the leather pants that I had in there. Two issues came to light:
  • The vertical scroll bar kept resetting while I was attempting to scroll, making things off the bottom of the screen inaccessible
  • The number of leather pants in storage exceeded my production plans.

A workaround was to use the new interface to ban pants, and then I had access to the rest of the things, but could not longer build outfits with pants in them.

The Bag of Holding Analogy
An interesting perspective that became visible from the absence of forced arbitrary storage caps was the desire to set what gets stored in a particular dresser. What if I have two dressers across the map, and would like one copy of a clothing group in each? It's a lovely freedom of expression that wasn't available until the weight of oppression was no longer occupying the stage.
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

Kiame

I ran into the broken scroll bar while I was working on the new add-on tonight -_-
It's fixed now in the Beta page on github (was a dumb mistake on my part!)

For the bag of holding, yes two dressers should be able to be set to different acceptable apparel.

New announcement

Auto Pawn Use Add-on
(name wip and whether I will make this an add-on or just include it with the mod is undecided)

On the beta release page I've added another add-on (though i may just include it with the main update, still deciding)... anyway... with the add-on pawns will now interact with the dresser as if it were a storage zone.

Example: Outfit Manager has a winter and summer set of clothing. If pawns are wearing a winter set now and the user changes to summer, the pawns will on their own go to the change dresser and switch clothing. All worn apparel gets dropped on the floor and will be re-stored if the dresser accepts the apparel and there are pawns to haul the clothing.

Make sure to grab both Change Dresser and the Add-on as I had to modify Change Dresser slightly at the code level.

Switter

It would be cool if you could change the age of the colonists and the race. Cthulhu (white demon), orassan (dogs), crystalloid(crystallman ._.) ogre and other. Maybe you can use the code from EdBprepareCarefully? Maybe somebody will be able to tie plastic surgery to this fashion and add a profession like a hairdresser, I do not know, for realism) Mod is excellent.

Kiame

Correct me if i'm wrong but Prepare Carefully only supports the base models as well? (doesn't inlcude alien races or age). I think Facial Stuff's author modded Prepare Carefully back in A15 to support Facial Stuff.

It basically comes down to how things are stored in memory and how they can be found. Alien Races and Facial Stuff deviate from how/where the base game stores its attributes so to support either adds a large amount of time (and since they're mods risk that they go away and the time to support them was wasted).

I'm considering adding support but it's been on the back burner.

Looks like there is a Race selection in Prepare Carefully... Let me see how they're doing it and I'll see if i can add it the change dresser

Ah i see, the Alien framework mod injects code into Prepare Carefully. Basically Prepare Carefully doesnt support Aliens but the Alien Framwork's author adds support into Prepare Carefully.
In the future I can see about adding support

Kiame

Just read up on Harmony and I think that will solve my concerns about collisions and why I was making add-ons.

New release is getting ready to be put on steam. Direct Download is here: https://github.com/KiameV/rimworld-changedresser/releases/tag/20170322

Change Dresser is now a storage zone and add-ons are not longer needed as they are included in the mod!

Switter

Quote from: Kiame on March 22, 2017, 02:58:26 PM
Ah i see, the Alien framework mod injects code into Prepare Carefully. Basically Prepare Carefully doesnt support Aliens but the Alien Framwork's author adds support into Prepare Carefully.
In the future I can see about adding support
Maybe do you can add support change age, traits and other?

SupermonkeyBR

:D Hello I came here to ask a favor for you ... if you can I would like you to create a mode for colonists, but I want you to do it for >> 0.15 << by a problem in my computer I can not use the >> 0.16 << / so please create one that is for 0.15  :D Please

Kiame

Sorry I do not plan to support A15. You can try modifying the About.xml file in the mod and change it to 0.15 and see if it works.

Kiame

Updated the direct download link.

Added Biological and Chronological Age inputs.
Forced apparel will keep the 'forced' status between being drafted and reverting. This applies to both the worn apparel and the drafted apparel.

masterpain

Would it ever be possible to add changing weapons when drafted?

Kiame

Kiame

Quote from: masterpain on April 02, 2017, 02:21:59 AM
Would it ever be possible to add changing weapons when drafted?

Currently not planned as weapons are handled differently than apparel so it's not a trivial thing to add. I'll keep it in the back of my mind though.

Switter

i can't change a color :C, work only R: B: G:
https://youtu.be/mkCuPXboJrE
help :c