[B19] More Monstergirls

Started by junchan, March 09, 2017, 02:10:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiame

wagon

Quote from: GuidzO6 on June 19, 2019, 11:48:10 AM
Hello there,
Quick question about MoreMonstergirls.
Browsing through the mod files, I saw a file for a cool parasite (looks like the little vanilla bug, but red). I also saw that you can have a version where someone is infected by this parasite.
Is this implemented ingame? How do you spawn it? It would be so perfect for my colony's scenario!

I was unhappy with and removed the parasite for several reasons.

1 is that I didn't really like its design, the male looked too manly. Baphomets have this same problem and I added them at the same time, I guess I was experimenting a bit but in the end I decided I wanted all the males to be girls too. But I liked the design of the female Baphomets enough to keep them in, and hoped they'd be rare enough that it'd not matter much.

2 is that I wasn't really happy with its mechanics, it just had a unique bite attack which had a higher chance than usual of causing a generic infection. Now a days you can attach a toxic attack to animal's attack, I presume in Core this is used for snakes, if I were to re-implement parasites they'd probably use that.

3 is that I try to make all of the monstergirls good for taming, all of them have some benefit so they're not useless like certain animals (like deer or squrriels). The parasite was bad for taming, with low petness and high wildness, didn't produce wool/milk and I believe gave insect meat, was pretty weak in combat, with infections being useless against raiders, just making her more likely to kill someone you wanted to capture (toxic would help a bit with this, since it has an immediate effect, even though it's unlikely to reach fatal or critical levels before you simply bite/slash someone to death it will give a consciousness debuff which reduces the target's combat effectiveness).

4 is that baby parasite are red spelopedes, but upon becoming adult magically get a human host. That's a bit weird. I guess Rimworld doesn't have any shortage of bodies lying around though.

5 is that I found the zombie mod around the same time and I figured that was probably a much better implementation of the idea.

harpo99999

kaime, is there a change to get the monster girls into 1.1?
please say 'yes'

Kiame

i'm watching this thread too to see if anyone wants to update this....

I've done a little looking and i did update enhanced version of code from 1.0 to 1.1 but got a lot of errors in game - i didn't do much beyond that as I still had a few mods to update. I've also taken a look at the current 'minions' mod - which the enhanced version is based off of and that'd require quiet a bit of work to get updated.

If no one else is i'll take a look at getting the base version of this mod up and running (probably include the foxgirl with it). From there i can see about adding enhanced.

nylem

Quote from: Kiame on March 03, 2020, 01:31:52 AM
i'm watching this thread too to see if anyone wants to update this....

I've done a little looking and i did update enhanced version of code from 1.0 to 1.1 but got a lot of errors in game - i didn't do much beyond that as I still had a few mods to update. I've also taken a look at the current 'minions' mod - which the enhanced version is based off of and that'd require quiet a bit of work to get updated.

If no one else is i'll take a look at getting the base version of this mod up and running (probably include the foxgirl with it). From there i can see about adding enhanced.

Good luck if you do decide to update this mod. I'm really looking forward to having this back in my game if at all possible.

Kiame

Update (1.1):
- Added a Settings page to adjust monster girl hair, egg, scale, wool, and milk production
- Foxgirls now produce a small amount of milk to make them match the other monster girls

Download: https://github.com/KiameV/rimworld-moremonstergirls/releases/download/1.1/MoreMonsterGirls.zip