[A17] PokéRim – A Pokémon mod series for RimWorld

Started by WalkingProblem, April 09, 2017, 11:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WalkingProblem

I am proud to announce that PokéRim – A Pokémon mod is currently in the plans.

INTENDED FEATURES:

• All 151 1st Generation Pokémons
  • Pokéballs which allow you to "tame" creatures on explosion (4 types: Pokéball, Greatball, Ultraball, Masterball)
  • Crafting Pokéballs on your own.
[/s]
  • Pokéballs can be used on other animals, not just Pokémons – allows you to "catch" tough to tame creatures like Thrumbo or Megasloths.
  • All Pokémons have varying rarity – some are very common – some are just hard to come by.
  • Mewtwo will only appear after you catch all 149 Pokémons (minus Mewtwo and Mew) <--- mechanics of how this will happen is still under consideration
  • Mew is an extreme rare creature, will only appear on event <-- mechanics of how to make this way more rare than Thrumbos are under consideration as well
  • Will try to find out if there is way to turn the Pokémon into a Pokéball, which can be equipped by the Pawn, and be released and used in combat by a click of a button <-- no promises on this one

Let me know what you guys think!

As well as comment below if you have any suggestions or ideas (or ideas for how rare Pokémons like Mew and MewTwo should appear)

----

PokéRim: Poké Ball Mod is now available!
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=35971

ZE

sounds interesting, how will pokemon be found however? you should think of which biomes fit which pokemon and seasons, so you can't just sit around your base and catch them, you gotta go out and seek them

only thing i have to wonder....Dugtrio and eggxecute.... are they 1 poke or multiple? if they are one, are each part like limbs? and if you destroy 2 of the 3 dugtrio does it de-evolve into a diglett? also can you change its body to show each missing head? same goes for doduo and dodrio... lol such horrifying prospects

WalkingProblem

Quote from: ZE on April 12, 2017, 01:13:47 PM
sounds interesting, how will pokemon be found however? you should think of which biomes fit which pokemon and seasons, so you can't just sit around your base and catch them, you gotta go out and seek them

only thing i have to wonder....Dugtrio and eggxecute.... are they 1 poke or multiple? if they are one, are each part like limbs? and if you destroy 2 of the 3 dugtrio does it de-evolve into a diglett? also can you change its body to show each missing head? same goes for doduo and dodrio... lol such horrifying prospects

lol....

tentatively, i havent start thinking about the individual pokemons, but the plan is that the pokemons will only appear in biomes that suits them - which mean, while you can go around to catch them (or tame them in RimWorld's language) in your map, you can never catch all the species if you never venture out.

Thus the game will force players to go from the hot deserts to the tropical rainforests to the ice sheets - just to catch them all!

My plan is to make the rare pokemons really difficult to catch~ =P

Flimflamshabam

kubolek01

Work. WORK! Many people count on you! Even in our HQ...
Eat lead, walking pile of silver! (greedy Player)
I...I can't do it. Leave it alive, please!(inner soul)
It lives 200 years to end up as a jacket?!(realists mind)
If I would go to vacation in off-Earth, even fictional place, I'd choose Nibel.

kubolek01

Look at my proffesion. That under my avatar, it says it all.

kubolek01

Quote from: Walking Problem on September 04, 2017, 08:09:45 AM
Quote from: kubolek01 on September 04, 2017, 05:05:48 AM
Look at my proffesion. That under my avatar, it says it all.

Epsilon Army?
Yep! And work harder or you will end up as our Initiate, against your will.

jpnm92

Due to how rimworld is i don't think that a pokemon mod makes much sense.
There is something like this for minecraft and i feel like it makes much more sense there and that mod already has a lot of features (battles,breeding,flying on top of your charizard, etc).

This is my main reason why i don't think it's worth making it for rimworld.

Edit: Also the main reason why i don't play minecraft is because the game is too easy, no skill or strategy whatsoever but i feel like the main reason i wouldn't want to play pokemon in rimworld is because rimworld is too difficult and i'm absolutely sure my pokemon would all end up with bionic parts..

Actually nevermind maybe it's worth making this mod for rimworld xD

kubolek01

Quote from: jpnm92 on September 07, 2017, 09:05:35 PM
There is something like this for minecraft and i feel like it makes much more sense there and that mod already has a lot of features (battles,breeding,flying on top of your charizard, etc).

Edit: Also the main reason why i don't play minecraft is because the game is too easy, no skill or strategy whatsoever but i feel like the main reason i wouldn't want to play pokemon in rimworld is because rimworld is too difficult and i'm absolutely sure my pokemon would all end up with bionic parts..

Bionics for increased power against raiders? Pretty good, bit is it League allowed? :P It is worth making for me, only dev mode pawn list will be fat (wanna make it separate? )

WalkingProblem

Quote from: jpnm92 on September 07, 2017, 09:05:35 PM

Actually I fully understand what you mean.

Thats the reason also why Pokemon mod is on very low priority, until some of the technical issues are resolved - in which the most important one of all is ranged attack for animals.

It does make sense to have pokemons because pokemons are just animals in which you tame and release to fight - which is part of the rimworld game. The world map with different biomes also means that it is possible to force players to move to all different biomes to catch the different pokemons. 

I personally think the biggest problem is still faithfully recreating the attacks of the pokemons, as well as resolving the water-based pokemon issue. Because since there is no boat or water biomes, i not sure how we going to tackle having water pokemons...

Fereal

Quote from: Walking Problem on September 08, 2017, 08:05:53 AMThats the reason also why Pokemon mod is on very low priority...

Or you should just drop it altogether. Nintendo is notorious for protecting its IP and sending cease-and-desists to fan projects.

Best case scenario if you continue is that the mod will be unpopular enough to fly under the radar.

kubolek01

I said code/learn or join us! I found sth about ranged animals in GeneticRim mod files. Not tested it fully, but seems there are ranged attacks there. Disassemble it and check, maybe you reach a milestone?

WalkingProblem

Quote from: Fereal on September 08, 2017, 10:05:07 AM
Or you should just drop it altogether. Nintendo is notorious for protecting its IP and sending cease-and-desists to fan projects.

Best case scenario if you continue is that the mod will be unpopular enough to fly under the radar.

Until they send the cease and desists thingy, it doesnt really matter.

The most important thing is I'm not earning money through it. So if they do send legal letter, all I need to do is to remove it. Or, I will go to their office and make a deal with them and launch it as a paid mod with shared income~ LMAO

Quote from: kubolek01 on September 08, 2017, 02:07:58 PM
I said code/learn or join us! I found sth about ranged animals in GeneticRim mod files. Not tested it fully, but seems there are ranged attacks there. Disassemble it and check, maybe you reach a milestone?

GeneticRim?