[Mod request] prosthetic eye

Started by Rimrue, April 10, 2017, 09:51:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rimrue

Can I push my luck and request one more mod?

It would be nice to have something to bridge the gap between disfigured and bionic eye for colonists who suffer the loss of an eye (or even a severe eye injury). I know there are mods for an eye patch, but it seems a bit weird that installing one would require surgery. So I was thinking a prosthetic eye would perhaps work better. Since there's no glass in the game, maybe it could be made of wood? I think it would work much like the peg leg or denture (if it required a material to make). One wood, one medicine, one doctor who won't kill your patient. Lol

(I realize historically prosthetic eyes weren't made from wood, but since glass isn't a thing in the game, I don't know what else to use. Marble? Limestone? Silver? Gold? Plasteel?)

Sight would still be reduced to 50% but the -15 disfigured moodlet would reduce to 0 (and maybe pain increased by -5 since it's a wooden eye and therefore uncomfortable?).

If anyone is interested, please let me know!

Thanks!

minimurgle

EPOE has some lower tier eyes for your colonists seeing holes.
Don't mind the questions. I'm probably just confused.

Rimrue

Thanks, I know about EPOE, but don't want to install the entire mod. Just the eye part. Is there a way to do that?

Thanks!

minimurgle

You could go into the xml and delete all the parts that aren't relevant. Or you could just ignore the parts you don't want. Who knows when you might ;)
Don't mind the questions. I'm probably just confused.