Way of setting primary orbital trade beacon?

Started by The Man with No Name, April 26, 2017, 04:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Man with No Name

Is there a way of selecting one's primary orbital trade beacon? I built one in a storage room attached to my crematorium, which is outside my base. An orbital trader came and I bought some stuff, but the stuff didn't beam down where it normally does. I couldn't see the stuff anywhere and I thought I'd encountered a game bug. Then I remembered about the location about the other trade beacon and there my stuff was, prosthetic leg and all, decaying outside in the rain.

So it looks like I'm stuck between either having my stuff beam down outdoors outside my key base area or demolishing the crematorium trade beacon, meaning having to haul all dead man's stuff into a stockpile in my base, which is time-consuming.

Is there a way of easily setting the receiving beacon? If not, then the game could do with one. I have four trade beacons and the crematorium one was neither the first or the last I built, so I'm not sure how the computer automatically decides which beacon to beam stuff down to.

EDIT: One way I could do it, I've thought, although slightly complicated, would be to do my deals in two parts. Sell stuff, have someone go and turn off the crematorium orbital trade beacon and then buy stuff. Hopefully, the trader won't beam stuff down to a beacon that's not powered.

ArguedPiano

I believe the stuff you buy will 'beam down' to the nearest unroofed area to any orbital trade beacon. IIRC it will prioritize said beacon closest to your Comms Console.

*Please note I have done no testing, this is just what i've noticed*
That being said, you cannot have your goods land in a roofed area. They must land outdoors. So to prioritize where they land create a beacon outdoors and make sure it is the closest beacon to your Comms Console.

If you try this please share results.
The only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down.

The Man with No Name

The goods used to land in an unroofed area within my base. Unlike my crematorium beacon, my other three beacons are very close to the Comms Console. It would fit, with my game's situation, that it chooses to beam down to a beacon that is closest to "outdoors". So if I build a beacon at a convenient outdoors location, purely for the purpose of receiving goods, then hopefully that should work, although it may be a while before I can confirm this.

EDIT: I built a beacon outside and the goods are now being delivered there. So, it appears at least, that items will be delivered to whichever outdoors area is closest to a beacon, if the beacons are not outside. So, perhaps, if there's more than one beacon outside, it's the one nearest the Comms Console.

giannikampa

It seems to me that it is the last built. so it happened to my game. Must say that the last built was the only unroofed while the others have no room around but enought columns to sustain the roof. I was unable to change back the default drop beacon even unpowering the disliked one.
I'll try roofing it and/or dismanteling and rebuilding a liked one
And as always.. sorry for my bad english

dkmoo

Just unroof the one square above the beacon you want to use, then Santa will deliver all your good thru the chimney.  ;)

Dezone the one square if you don't want stuff stored there and rot