Raider attacks happen way, way, way too often

Started by ble210, April 21, 2014, 10:23:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ble210

Subject says it all.  The late game turns from colony building to non-stop corpse disposal and cleanup.  So much so that you can't even recover from one attack before the next one begins.  The game goes from being fantastic to very tedious.  The attacks need to be spaced much more apart, at least the large ones.  Like 3x-4x as long.

RazorHed

I saw this and made a small mod with a new storyteller , Cadence, who has intervals between raids over 3 times longer than normal if you'd like to try it.  If you try it and its still too short in between attacks , let me know and I'll make another

ble210

ITypedThis

I agree.

In the later days, it becomes 30 raider corpses lying on the ground as 30 more raiders stand atop them in constant sequence, which tends to get rather annoying and sometimes just kills the fun of building a colony, in my opinion.

Peacekeep3r777

Agree, there might be more diplomacy options in late game, missions, or so on. Just something new, not just speed race of raiders (how many of them is there btw? - there should be some limit, you should also be able to kill all of em form one factions, or something like that). Or it might be like some enemy ship have just landed and they are looking for some slaves/stuff to be sold, or something (you dont need to fight them if you pay them or show them your fight power). There is loads of stuff that can make late game more fun :).

Ermantis

If you look in the changelog, it seems Tynan has heard you ;)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_rCdGYp3nbSUXFG4Ky96RZW1cJGt9g_6ANZZPOHyNsg/pub

QuoteApril 21
Tuning: Healing is slower. More time between raids. Effective farming now takes more space (reduce turtling).

Geeves

The only problem with the current set up of late game attacks is that I don't get enough trades going to sell all the weapons that I am currently trying to sell. Surely arms dealers have more then 1100 silver to spend on some guns?
You know it is bedtime when you open a file called GeneralEffecters.xml and the first 2 words you notice are: Butcher and Children.
==============
Learning to program is easy. Learning to put what is in your mind into programming code, now that is the hard part.

RazorHed

That is why I will always have Haplo's Workplaces mod installed ,  so I can smelt excess weapons into metal :)   great mod

Splinterbee

Video games, are pretty good