Need Help!!!! Black Box reading, how is it done???

Started by nuschler22, July 01, 2014, 11:53:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nuschler22

I have one of those things that falls from space that landed right by my base.  Right by it!

Usually I ignore them because I have never figured out how to disarm them, but if I don't it's going to take out my base when it goes critical. 

I'm not exactly sure what mod it's from, but I know I've researched black box reading. 

How do you read and disarm them?   I need help before I start playing again or else it's going to take out my entire base!

Thank you!

mrofa

All i do is clutter all around.

nuschler22

Doesn't it still explode? 

Isn't there some way to read and disarm it?

Jathomas

I have tried to do some research into this for you- Not much luck. i did, however, find something about giving a colonist a 'Hacking' skill ? so click on a colonist and check for the skill- if it exists.. great! if not try this anyway.. click on a colonist and right click on the box (You can pause the game to prevent it exploding) and see if a menu appears. if not, try clicking on the box for a menu or looking in the orders tab. I must sasy that I have never heard of these black boxes so if you could do me a favour and go into the mods menu on the main menu and look for the black box mod. there should be a link for it there if you dont know it yourself, i will try to help you from there.
Thanks!
Check out my mod ideas list HERE! (http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=4384.0)

Ask me to advertise your mod, rate it, review it and suggest improvements!

nuschler22

Thank you for your help!  None of that worked.  I believe the black box is part of the Better Power mod. 

I found that placing a blasting charge next to it will work to get rid of it before it goes critical.

Thank you again!

haint

iirc, the black box reading stuff isn't fully implemented in the mod yet, i think it tells you when it's going to go critical though, but they all go critical.  just shoot it before it goes critical and it should break apart and not explode, grenades work especially well, as well as the blasting charges you mention.
"Whoa"