[MOD] (Alpha 3) POTATO POWER!

Started by Delta_Com, April 22, 2014, 10:54:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delta_Com

This adds simple potato powered lights for in your cave or wherever you need them. As a bonus, these little potato batteries also produce a whopping 1 power!
I am currently working on a better texture
Version 2 Released, now with a slightly better texture as well as a blood ritual to create a super potato lamp!

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Celthric Aysen

Quote from: Delta_Com on April 22, 2014, 10:54:13 AM
This adds simple potato powered lights for in your cave or wherever you need them. As a bonus, these little potato batteries also produce a whopping 1 power!
why work on a better texture? i already like it the way it is... really, it sticks to the Rimworld art style and i like it!
My DeviantART|E-Vehicles|Flebe's  Channel
"♫"Every people that i see i will never understand"♪"

Delta_Com

Quote from: Blackjack1000K on April 22, 2014, 10:59:21 AM
why work on a better texture? i already like it the way it is... really, it sticks to the Rimworld art style and i like it!
I'm just making it look like there are some wires stuck into the potato. I'm also going to increase price and build time, and decrease hp. I might also add a research topic for it.

Celthric Aysen

Quote from: Delta_Com on April 22, 2014, 11:07:45 AM
I'm just making it look like there are some wires stuck into the potato. I'm also going to increase price and build time, and decrease hp. I might also add a research topic for it.
No need to add a research for it, its a basic science experiment that can be done by anyone in elementary school, not even to mention that they live in a high-tech universe where FTL is available and possible.

iame6162013

Quote from: Blackjack1000K on April 22, 2014, 11:12:19 AM
No need to add a research for it, its a basic science experiment that can be done by anyone in elementary school, not even to mention that they live in a high-tech universe where FTL is available and possible.

but then why is there a research bench? really do u think that they would make potato power!
when there is a spacecraft just going to another universe ... Well actually we have gone to the moon and back a few times.
but I never did that in elementary school :(, i always used solar cells :P
Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Celthric Aysen

Quote from: iame6162013 on April 22, 2014, 11:21:42 AM

you should try it when you have the time... its really interesting weird and cool!

iame6162013

Quote from: Blackjack1000K on April 22, 2014, 11:24:55 AM

you should try it when you have the time... its really interesting weird and cool!

*turns his chair* and says i have time... But no potato will try it when i got one :)
Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Sion

This kind of science is so low tech that it needs to be researched :P
So many ideas... so little time...
Silence is the worst answer.

Celthric Aysen

Quote from: iame6162013 on April 22, 2014, 11:27:29 AM
Quote from: Blackjack1000K on April 22, 2014, 11:24:55 AM

*turns his chair* and says i have time... But no potato will try it when i got one :)
The Potato your using might be defective :P

Delta_Com

The research I'm thinking about adding some some sort of genetically altered super potato battery or something along those lines. Possibly something about human sacrifice to increase the power of potatoes also... mwahaha

Celthric Aysen

Quote from: Delta_Com on April 22, 2014, 12:02:06 PM
The research I'm thinking about adding some some sort of genetically altered super potato battery or something along those lines. Possibly something about human sacrifice to increase the power of potatoes also... mwahaha
I would love to see a battery made out of Potatoes!

iame6162013

Quote from: Delta_Com on April 22, 2014, 12:02:06 PM

and now make it so that a colonist will only do it, that would be brutal if u only had one :D

Architect

This is easily the best mod on the forums XD
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

iame6162013

Quote from: Architect on April 22, 2014, 12:11:08 PM
This is easily the best mod on the forums XD
what easily no... It is the best mod  ;D

Cala13er

I look at this, and ask myself. What on earth is industrial RIM?