Your Best Screenshots

Started by Tynan, April 22, 2014, 02:33:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shinzy

Quote from: milon on August 13, 2014, 01:16:09 PM
Quote from: Bog on August 12, 2014, 06:26:36 PM
I think the sheer value of the weapons they tend to leave scattered about more than pays for the food that they take.
Wait, what?  I've routinely get dozens of them visiting my colony of 6 or 7, and they never once left behind any weapons.  How do you make that happen?  Or were you referring to the surplus after cleaning up the bodies?

They very often forget their weapon sitting beside the table while stuffing their face with the treats you've left unguarded

gheehehehe

milon

Oh!  I've only ever kept 2-3 meals on hand specifically to prevent visitors from getting the munchies.  Keeps my cooking busy when people are eating, and he can do other tasks when not cooking.  But I guess I should ramp up meal production now!  ;)

Bog

Quote from: milon on August 13, 2014, 01:35:06 PM
Oh!  I've only ever kept 2-3 meals on hand specifically to prevent visitors from getting the munchies.  Keeps my cooking busy when people are eating, and he can do other tasks when not cooking.  But I guess I should ramp up meal production now!  ;)
Oh dear, I'm afraid that Shinzy was joking. That's what the whole
Quote from: Shinzy on August 13, 2014, 01:23:15 PMgheehehehe
bit was about.

I was talking about getting the weapons dropped by all the dead people, because Lost Cause was complaining about them going crazy and shooting everything.

Though on that topic I know some people have made special trap rooms that have collapsing roofs so they can "harvest" stuff from their allies without hurting their relations.

I'm pretty sure they just make a room that's like 12x12 in size with a single pillar in the middle. Then you chop out the pillar and let the roof collapse on the people inside or something. I haven't tried it myself.
Divergence of Civilization Lead Developer (in this case that's the fancy way of saying "Only Developer")

Project Armoury Developer (New huge 2.13 Release now live!)

milon

That's actually a pretty good idea.  Keeps your foodstuffs safe, and makes a good raider deterrent too!  Personally, I'd rather drop it from the outside or you risk losing the colonist in the collapse.

milon

Poor, poor Tail.  Shunned by all.

Seriously - the raiders dropped in, setup a siege, and she literally sat there doing nothing the whole time.  Didn't even eat!  (She's very serious about being an emo art student, I think.)

Bog

Quote from: milon on August 13, 2014, 04:06:57 PM
That's actually a pretty good idea.  Keeps your foodstuffs safe, and makes a good raider deterrent too!  Personally, I'd rather drop it from the outside or you risk losing the colonist in the collapse.
You know, I was thinking and I imagine there's an easier way. Just make special big empty rooms with only 1 entrance to each all over the place, then when your allies step into one of them, wall off the door.

They'll eventually go nuts or starve to death. Then you can just reopen it and take all the stuff.

Morbid, I know. ;D
Divergence of Civilization Lead Developer (in this case that's the fancy way of saying "Only Developer")

Project Armoury Developer (New huge 2.13 Release now live!)

Shinzy

Quote from: Bog on August 14, 2014, 02:05:27 PM
Quote from: milon on August 13, 2014, 04:06:57 PM
You know, I was thinking and I imagine there's an easier way. Just make special big empty rooms with only 1 entrance to each all over the place, then when your allies step into one of them, wall off the door.

They'll eventually go nuts or starve to death. Then you can just reopen it and take all the stuff.

Morbid, I know. ;D

That's the Sims in a nutshell =P

Quote from: milon on August 13, 2014, 10:36:41 PM
Poor, poor Tail.  Shunned by all.
Seriously - the raiders dropped in, setup a siege, and she literally sat there doing nothing the whole time.  Didn't even eat!  (She's very serious about being an emo art student, I think.)
That is such a golden screen milon! =D

milon

This is my first colony on Alpha 6.  It's turning out fairly well so far.  I'm pretty happy with the modular design I have going.

From left to right, we have:
- Grow Room with 4 fertilizer pumps
- Food Room with raw food and cooked meals
- Work Room which will eventually contain 6 medical beds and a bunch of tables (research, butcher, stonecutter, slag refinery, machine, comms, crematorium, and 2 stoves)
- Power & Prisoner
- Bedrooms (south of Work Room)

I also scouted around with God Mode and found at least 2 steam geysers buried in the mountain too.  Mortars are going to have a hard time hurting me!   :D

I haven't taken any screenshots of the bodypart system yet, but I've had some hilarious things happen, like raiders running away in panic after getting shot in the stomach, and deer incapacitated from having two legs shot off.  ;D

Lost Cause

A successful last stand.
My small number of technologically advanced warriors put up a brave fight, slaughtering many of the enemy but in the end were overwhelmed by shear numbers of primitive tribes people.

They died the way they lived. Clinging to their Miniguns and spraying down everything in sight with bullets.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]
It doesn't matter how many arms a colonist has as long as one of them is a Minigun!

Shinzy

Quote from: Lost Cause on August 19, 2014, 03:06:46 PM
A successful last stand.
My small number of technologically advanced warriors put up a brave fight, slaughtering many of the enemy but in the end were overwhelmed by shear numbers of primitive tribes people.

They died the way they lived. Clinging to their Miniguns and spraying down everything in sight with bullets.

The thumbnail alone looks freaking amazing! Rip unknown colony

UrbanBourbon

A successful last stand.

That was glorious. What would I give to try a killzone like that, but indoors and with a 1-2 wooden support pillars in the middle, so that the roof could be brought upon the invaders simply by shooting the pillars to pieces.

Lost Cause

Quote from: UrbanBourbon on August 20, 2014, 12:10:12 PM
A successful last stand.

That was glorious. What would I give to try a killzone like that, but indoors and with a 1-2 wooden support pillars in the middle, so that the roof could be brought upon the invaders simply by shooting the pillars to pieces.

My kill boxes are built on top of my trade beacon stockpile. Makes it easy to sell off all the dropped weapons and gives anyone invading by dropping directly onto the beacon a nice little surprise when 18+ turrets instantly open up ;)
It doesn't matter how many arms a colonist has as long as one of them is a Minigun!

muffins

My A5 colony right before A6 was released.

Tynan

Muffins wow! That's an epic colony!
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Coenmcj

Quote from: muffins on August 26, 2014, 07:18:02 AM
My A5 colony right before A6 was released.
-Insertgloriousbasehere-

As someone who fortifies his colony often... I must say... that's a work of art.  :'(
It's magnificent.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite