Alpha 4

Started by Zemaus, April 22, 2014, 06:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renham

big bold letter... saying EXPERIMENTAL RELEASE! will fix it.
if you can imagine it I can build it with pixels.
if I cant well then imagine something else.

renwold

I think you guys are setting unrealistic expectations for getting A4 out - the last patch for A3 just released less than two weeks ago and he's going to be on vacation for half of next month. One month to get A4 finished, tested, and released is really pushing the envelope - let the man have his rest!
RimWorld Let's Play Collection
Thanks for watching, I'll see you next time!
Renwold|@RenwoldPlays|Ren Plays (Youtube)

Renham

im just saying as an option if possible, althou I dont really care, cause im sorting out some issues with the texturepack.
if you can imagine it I can build it with pixels.
if I cant well then imagine something else.

Tynan

Also bear in mind that if I put out A4 before my holiday, that just means A5 will be delayed the two weeks instead. In the long run there is no avoiding that delay.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Celthric Aysen

yeah... guys be patient for a release... we don't want to see a rushed update that is very Buggy... we don't want the Alpha 3 Incident happening again do we?
My DeviantART|E-Vehicles|Flebe's  Channel
"♫"Every people that i see i will never understand"♪"

a89a89

No we sure do not.

Peacekeep3r777

Dont force Tynan to work like crazy so we can play. I like steady aproach and every new patch is better and better (not like some steam early acces games, which are nearly finished and looks and plays worse than Tynans alphas). Give him time to work, I rather wait like a year for good game, istead of crap game, which was done faster. For example Planet explorers, devs wants and stated to finish game asap, even though there is lots of stuff missing - this is what can ruin good looking games. And I dont want to see that happening to Rim world, be patien pls.

Zemaus

Im not asking to rush or anything. I just joined the community a few days ago and was wondering when it would be because i didn't know when alpha 4 came out and i don't know the update schedule.

Plasmatic

Quote from: Zemaus on April 23, 2014, 06:13:15 PM
Im not asking to rush or anything. I just joined the community a few days ago and was wondering when it would be because i didn't know when alpha 4 came out and i don't know the update schedule.

Well the forum is the correct place to ask, but I in the future include that in the title that you are just curious as you are a new member to the community, people will generally be more understanding and not see it as:

"OMG gimme new relese now, old one only cam out lst wek bt I don kaar.. plskthx"

Not saying you would do something like that, but this is the internet..

I vote we take the delay now, let Tynan have is vacation and have fun with A3. then when we gets back from vacation he will be well rested and ready to work 22 hours a day.. right?.. right guys?.. guys?..

Peacekeep3r777

Agreed, but 22 hours? You give him way too much free time, let it be like 23 hours at least  ;D.

Plasmatic

Quote from: Peacekeep3r777 on April 24, 2014, 05:18:29 AM
Agreed, but 22 hours? You give him way too much free time, let it be like 23 hours at least  ;D.

well I figure he can sleep 2 hours a night and he does need to eat.. and if he eats while programming it could land in his keyboard making him unable to work till he gets a new one, which would cause a delay again..

daft73

Quote from: Plasmatic on April 23, 2014, 06:31:16 PM...
"OMG gimme new relese now, old one only cam out lst wek bt I don kaar.. plskthx"...
lol, but ya, in all sincerity a worker(tynan) will do much better at their job(rimworld) after R&R(cooler game).

porcupine

Quote from: Tynan on April 23, 2014, 10:34:07 AM
Also bear in mind that if I put out A4 before my holiday, that just means A5 will be delayed the two weeks instead. In the long run there is no avoiding that delay.

Are you planning to bring on additional developers for Rimworld?

Pirx Danford

Quote from: porcupine on April 24, 2014, 05:05:19 PM

I believe that is a matter of who is showing up on his doorstep to apply :-)

http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=1703.0

Tynan

Quote from: Pirx Danford on April 24, 2014, 07:16:04 PM
Quote from: porcupine on April 24, 2014, 05:05:19 PM

I believe that is a matter of who is showing up on his doorstep to apply :-)

http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=1703.0

Yes, it's a matter of finding someone. I'm afraid I haven't been putting a ton of time into recruiting. It's really a new kind of challenge for me and I don't have a repeatable methodology set up for it.

It's also kind of scary. I have issues trusting people with creative or intellectual work. I want to maintain very high quality standards for Ludeon. I want a strong generalist or someone with potential to become one. It's hard to find people in the top 1%. Hiring employee #2 at a company is very risky. All together, there is a significant wall to get over before someone can be brought on.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog