The fall of Terminus

Started by ParagonTerminus, July 22, 2014, 12:54:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ParagonTerminus

Okay, so my first game with Chill Callie was with a colony named Terminus. Everything chuffy for a little while, just a tiny bit of unhappiness about small rooms.

And, then, suddenly, a Tribal raid. Maybe 7 people; easy to handle. I dispatch them easily with just one idjit getting incapacitated.

As it turns out, though, the tribesmen were to have their revenge from the grave! EVERY SINGLE COLONIST I had went insane from the combined pressure of seeing dead people, being in darkness (my geothermal had been destroyed a little while before by a fire I didn't quite notice and I hadn't gotten around to repairing it), and having tiny rooms. So everyone went berserk and started either running off or stabbing each other, so eventually I just got annoyed.

Cue the opening of the debug console. Found the explosion tool.

About 30 seconds later, I was happy to be finally rid of the crapsack that dared think it deserved as cool a name as Terminus.

Moral of the story?

SMALL ROOMS KILL INNOCENT PEOPLE
Hi there! I hail from the Sky9, FTL, and Katawa Shoujo forums, so if you're on any of those, I (might) know you.

Now carry along, I'm sure the guy below me has something interesting and contributive to say.

DarkMyau

Is this a Phantasy Star 3 reference??

And I like to have 6 by 5 bedrooms

ParagonTerminus

Quote from: Torgaddon on July 23, 2014, 05:07:50 AM

Jesus

I think 3x5 is excessive, but clearly that's what the damn picky bastards need.

I would be content with 3x4
Hi there! I hail from the Sky9, FTL, and Katawa Shoujo forums, so if you're on any of those, I (might) know you.

Now carry along, I'm sure the guy below me has something interesting and contributive to say.

De1ta

Quote from: ParagonTerminus on July 23, 2014, 04:59:34 PM

Jesus

IIRC, a 5x6 room will give colonists the "Spacious Environment" buff.

StorymasterQ

There may be, someday, traits such as Claustrophobia, which would probably double that enclosed space debuff. And, as for every phobia there is a philia, so I'd go for Claustrophilia (which could arguably be Agoraphobia instead, but not really) which actually likes having a wall at touch range on all sides.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Ednac

Personally, if I really enjoyed and liked the colony I would check the no mental breakdown box and wait until everything is happy, yea the emotions need to get nerfed.

ParagonTerminus

Quote from: De1ta on July 23, 2014, 07:00:05 PM
Quote from: ParagonTerminus on July 23, 2014, 04:59:34 PM

Jesus

IIRC, a 5x6 room will give colonists the "Spacious Environment" buff.

If you like to build into the mountain, it also uses up a shitton of space and takes forever to get mined and built, and the resource cost isn't fun.

vagineer1

I always use 5x5 rooms. It is a waste of space but if it will stop those nagging colonists then I'm all for it.
You see this tank?

This tank is the epitome of "I'm going to destroy you"

This tank can make Chuck norris cry.

All hail the Takemikazuchi.

Bog

6x5 is the "optimum" size. Going bigger doesn't give you a better bonus. Smaller lowers morale.

My brother insists on making his 4x4, because he thinks 6x5 looks too big. I agree, but I prefer to keep my colony around for a while, so stick with the 6x5.  ::)

To fill up the empty space I've taken to building royal beds and putting a table and chair in every room. The royal beds aren't any more special than a normal one, so far as I know, but the table and chair mean that if I need extra prisoner space they don't have to eat off the floor.

I'd like to see a wardrobe put into the game, where you can store up to 10 apparel items in it. That'd make the big rooms a little more "cozy" feeling.
Divergence of Civilization Lead Developer (in this case that's the fancy way of saying "Only Developer")

Project Armoury Developer (New huge 2.13 Release now live!)