[A17.1543] I could claim a turret on an Item Stash before the enemy died

Started by kamunia, May 23, 2017, 11:58:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kamunia

1. My first Item Stash mission, near my colony, sent 3 of my colonists there.
2. When I got there I saw some turrets and decided to take them down. After my first hit I checked how damaged was the turret and "Claim" button was there. I claimed it then the pawn on the item stash got shot by my turret. With the turret I got rid of his shield, but other turrets took mine down. That pawn, the only one, came after me and I killed him.
3. I expected I wouldnt be able to claim anything at all, perhaps only after all enemies were dead.
4 and 5. I am playing permadeath so I can't share the savefile, it already happened.

Additional info: I had 4 mods at the time, so maybe it can  be the reason, but I posted it on reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/RimWorld/comments/6cathh/qa_thread_for_all_your_rimworld_related_questions/dhtdfgi/
and someone said had the same issue playing vanilla. I tried to replicate the bug with and without mods, but wasn't able at all.

Thanks

Eric

I arrived at an item stash to find it guarded by turrets.

I selected the turret, clicked "Claim" and it instantly stopped firing on my people and opened fire on the other unclaimed turrets.

ItsEddy

I think this should only works when all human enemy is downed.

Interestingly, sometimes I can claim their door(not all of them) when they are still alive, and then they will burn their own building down :P

Hanarck

so its not really a bug but more like a game abuse and i did not know where to put this.
I attacked a base and they had turret, i killed everyone by claiming there turret, all dead before my troops arrive at the fighting area XD

Calahan

I've merged a couple of separate reports on this turret claiming bug/exploit into one. @ all - Thanks for reporting it.

ison