Previous topic - Next topic

What do you use this mod for?

Pain relief for my poor colonists.
3 (25%)
To be an edgy teen.
3 (25%)
Because I respect the chemistry.
3 (25%)
To stop my colonists being sad and going crazy.
0 (0%)
To be a drug lord and make a lot of silver.
3 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: August 27, 2017, 09:59:11 AM

Totally Professional

I started this while ago, but took a break from RimWorld for a while, A17 beta was released so I thought "What a great time to get my mod up and going for the launch of A17".

This is basically a complete rebrand of my "RimMeth" mod, this has much more content (not meth related, hence why it isn't just an update), and is A17 based.

Without further ado, welcome to my Drug Overhaul mod!

This mod adds the following:

Ketamine - This drug is a dissociative anesthetic, which really is what it says on the tin. Sometimes used during human and non-human operations.

Inteli Max - Designed as a drug to increase focus and intelligence, but it can be used for a cheap and easy energy boost, unlike most stimulants, it creates no euphoric feelings, but, it can help you get that sculpture finished.

Zopiclone - A very strong sleeping aid, very habit forming and often abused to combat the insomnia from stimulant drugs. It can be used to treat insomnia, and to correct sleeping patterns.

Methylamine - A chemical fairly easy to synthesise, very useful. Used in reductive amination to produce drugs.

Methamphetamine- This drug is a widely known stimulant that is exceptionally addictive and by no means weak. It improves focus and joy in the user, it also gives a euphoric rush and a burst of energy that can last for hours.

BlueIce- Methamphetamine manufactured from P2P using reductive amination, slightly less pure, but still very strong.

RedIce- This is by far the most powerful stimulant ever made. It was made by scientists on a planet colonized specifically for medical research, it was supposed to be a drug with similar uses to wake-up, but less addictive. What they made instead is a drug so addictive it torn apart glitterworlds one by one. A drug so complex to make that it is rare to come by, and comes with a hefty price.

Heroin- You have most definitely heard of this, heroin, also known as diamorphine, is a very addictive opioid. It is sometimes used as a painkiller, although rare. Mostly used for the intense euphoria and relaxation.

PainAway- Oxycodone, sold as PainAway, is a strong opioid used for severe-moderate pain. It is used for its recreational effects often. It is quite expensive and very addictive, use with caution.

Relief- Codeine, one of the weakest opioids ever produced. It is used to treat mild pain, rarely, but occasionally used recreationally.

Poppy- A pretty little plant, which is pretty to look at, it is used to make narcotics like heroin and oxycodone, which can sell for a high price.

Xanax- It is a GABA agonist and a benzodiazepine medication. It will calm your colonist down and improve their mood, perfect for neurotic colonists, although, withdrawal from this very addictive drug is very dangerous, and can lead to death.

WideEye- A very popular party drug, make your colonists rock like it's a 90s disco! It is great for lifting mood and can improve productivity.

Berserker- It's in the name, it makes your colonist euphoric and aggressive, it reduces pain and enhances their functions, it is perfect for gunfights!

Morphine- A great painkiller, makes your colonist feel good about their lost leg!

- Almost 30 different chemicals that are all useable and purchasable!
- 2 different traders to help you start up your empire!
- Breaking bad references

All of these drugs are craftable and sellable! Time to start a narco colony :D

Update 4; The True Overhaul
-Added many types of research, with a seperate research tab
-Added almost 30 chemicals that are all used in drug production
-Added chloroform, mainly used as a chemical, but is kinda funny to play around with
-Added much more detail to everything: multiple drug production stages, realistic(ish) chemicals used, detailed descriptions (for the most part) of each stage in production, and much more to discover
-Added new recipes for each and every drug I have added, and some for certain ingredients
-Added ephedrine hydrochloride
-Added the Advanced Drug Labâ„¢
- Rebalanced a lot of things to make the game fairer
- Kinda improved the textures a tad
- Much much more I am too lazy too add to this

This new update changes everything, it is a completely new mod, I have spent over 50 hours working on this non stop for over a week. I hope there isn't, but bugs may still occur, please let me know and I will release a patch as soon as possible!

Download link:
Steam link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1131725549
Update 4 (The Complete Drug Overhaul): https://www.mediafire.com/file/xh2r2bdz744toae
Update 3 (simple version): http://www.mediafire.com/file/28otfdxjpgv4itu
Original Build: https://www.mediafire.com/?1uk3fm1h41k8a6b

Canute

Could you maybe use some other names then meth this meth that. Maybe some names that reflect the use of the drug ?
Zopiclone at example i never would think about a sleeping aid, whats about Sweetdreams ?

Totally Professional

There is only 2 things with "meth" in the name. I get what you mean, but zopiclone is a real sleep aid. I get what you mean though. I am trying to add a mixture of real and fantasy drugs, like intel-max as an example of a fantasy one. I will keep it in mind though.

fyi I think 4-methylcarboxylamine is dumb name, I was running out of ideas and decided to throw a few chemical groups together that is common in illicit drugs, I will change that at somepoint to something more appropriate, open to suggestions :)

Canute

4-methylcarboxylamine : 7daystoexame, Foreverwork
Methamphetamine        : RedIce, Pink Power

Totally Professional

Interesting :)

Also 4-methyl is the red one ;)

AngleWyrm

There are still some places where the names haven't been changed. I spent some time looking for a way to make the precursor drug, and eventually gave up only to discover that it was under the original Rimworld name.

For suggestions, I've got a couple drugs from discontinued mods that maybe could be molded to fit into your set, if that seems interesting to you.
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

Traditionology

I like that you're using real names for real things. I think it'd be interesting to see some real world psychedelics worked in too... Colonist takes one, becomes undraftable and uncontrollable (doesn't respect boundaries, goes through forbidden doors, etc) for a whlie. If a colonist takes one while under a lot of stress, or a raid happens, they might have a serious mental break (up to committing suicide), but if the trip is good they get a long-term mood buff, and in an extremely good case they receive some sort of revelation that boosts one of their passion stats by a couple points. Then just adjust the odds of good/bad trips and length of trip based on which drug; peyote lasts a couple days, lots of risk due to them being uncontrollable, but gives a permanent mood buff (along the lines of sanguine but maybe not as big, say +8) and a stat point or two; LSD is super profitable to sell, fairly balanced in risk/reward; DMT, salvia, ayahuasca, different mushrooms, blah blah blah.

Either way I love the work you got here. Good job!

Totally Professional

Quote from: AngleWyrm on May 28, 2017, 04:16:54 PM
There are still some places where the names haven't been changed. I spent some time looking for a way to make the precursor drug, and eventually gave up only to discover that it was under the original Rimworld name.

For suggestions, I've got a couple drugs from discontinued mods that maybe could be molded to fit into your set, if that seems interesting to you.

Whoops, I haven't visited my post recently :P I could post a list of recipes here if you would like? Neutromine can be bought, and in this next update, methylamine can be too. Although, methylamine can be made and neutromine can't. Also, that sounds cool, hmu with them, I'd love to play around with them and add them!

Edit: I can't grammar :P

Totally Professional

Quote from: Traditionology on May 30, 2017, 07:08:04 PM
I like that you're using real names for real things. I think it'd be interesting to see some real world psychedelics worked in too... Colonist takes one, becomes undraftable and uncontrollable (doesn't respect boundaries, goes through forbidden doors, etc) for a whlie. If a colonist takes one while under a lot of stress, or a raid happens, they might have a serious mental break (up to committing suicide), but if the trip is good they get a long-term mood buff, and in an extremely good case they receive some sort of revelation that boosts one of their passion stats by a couple points. Then just adjust the odds of good/bad trips and length of trip based on which drug; peyote lasts a couple days, lots of risk due to them being uncontrollable, but gives a permanent mood buff (along the lines of sanguine but maybe not as big, say +8) and a stat point or two; LSD is super profitable to sell, fairly balanced in risk/reward; DMT, salvia, ayahuasca, different mushrooms, blah blah blah.

Either way I love the work you got here. Good job!

Thanks! I was thinking about adding some psychedelics to it, but it is a big task, I was thinking a mental state with it too, but a good or a bad trip would be rather hard to add, I could a fairly long lasting mood buff after (like catharsis) after the trip, I was thinking something like that. I will probably play around with it after I am done with this update.

AngleWyrm

Quote from: Totally Professional on June 06, 2017, 01:17:21 PM
I could post a list of recipes here if you would like?

How about putting them in the research descriptions in-game so that the information on prerequisites is available when making research project decisions.
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

Totally Professional

As of that build, there is no added research, although I added it in this update I am working on, good idea though, but there is too many too add in a description I'm afraid

JoanV2020

Hello, i just wanted to thank you for add more drugs. If you need to test new additions, or updates i think i can do it, i've exploring in the xml files to know more about adding things on rimworld and your mod has helped me a lot. Anyways i wanted to tell you that i changed a bit the ketamine cause even being an anesthetic in recreational doses it doesn't put you in a complete state of unconsciousness, so i put the consciousness max capacity to 65, and moving -0.25 and now i'm thinking to put a big debuff on the work speed global. You must know that those changes are only for my personal use and never with an intention of detract your work.

im working in a drug called berserk drink, that works like the alcohol (cause it has different "high" depending on the dose). and i would love the help of somebody more experienced the xml is "theoretically" complete but i keep having some errors when start rimworld, but dont really in game.

Totally Professional

Hi! Well firstly, if your colonist is 100% healthy, they can actually stay conscious, as the drug is based on a real drug, I used that as reference, and it leaves most people unconscious when they use it recreationally, so it's just a negative of using it. And the work speed should already be decreased, if not, I'll have to add it in this update. Yeah I could do with testers actually, this update is nearly done, I'm just finishing off adding a translation to Turkish and that is about it.

As for your mod, I am more than happy to help, if you are in the Discord server, my username is "Totally Professional Racing", I'm pretty active on that, so if you can, contact me on it :)

Iwillbenicetou

Will you post a steam workshop link?
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

Totally Professional

As soon as steam decides to let me, definitely!