Any help appreciated

Started by bladedsmoke, April 24, 2014, 01:37:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bladedsmoke

I've recently completed a mod named HorrorWorld and, while I'm happy with it as it is, there are certainly some areas in which it can be improved. Unfortunately, I'm a very novice programmer and I don't know where to start with the niggling issues I'm having.

If anyone can help me with any of the following points, I'd really appreciate it:

• Most importantly, is there any way to have turrets target the Mutants in my mod? The Mutants are a modded faction and race who are hostile to the colonists, so I'm not sure why turrets ignore them.
  • I haven't found a way to equip the Mutants with guns, and the Humanoid ThinkTree file doesn't work with them at all. Making the Mutants "humanoid" in their Race file means they're able to equip weapons and perform human AI, but they become invisible. I'd love to have the Mutants able to do something other than mindlessly rush at the colonists, but I can't work out how at the moment.
  • Names. I'd like to give the Mutants individual names, like humans have, but I can't work out how to do it.
  • Finally - and least importantly - is there a way to vary things like health, size and move speed amongst members of the same Race? It works fine the way it is in the mod, but if there's a way to do this, that would make the mod a bit neater and I could possibly add some extra effects.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I'd appreciate any help you want to give me. And if you do play my mod, I hope you enjoy it!
Creator of the HorrorWorld Mod.