[A17] Mod Menu Enhanced (v0.1.1) (Obsolete)

Started by scuba156, May 26, 2017, 11:37:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scuba156

A replacement mod menu and mod manager for RimWorld A17.

Features

• Improved UI
  • Search
  • Rename Mods
  • Colorize Mod Names
  • Multiple Mod Lists
  • Install Steam Mods for offline use
  • Import Active Mods From Save File

Downloads

Requirements

This post is still pretty bare in information/formatting. I'll update it when I get the chance to

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

scuba156

scuba156

123nick

install steam mods for offline use?

THATS AMAZING

this is amazing <3

Sixdd

Loved the Mod List Backup, I'm trying this new one but I get an empty window when I open the mods window. Here is the outputlog https://pastebin.com/BVuACM7L

Nevermind, I checked the steam page and realized that the description here doesn't say you need two other libraries for this to work.

Fregrant

Sixdd

Yeah, till he updates the OP just go to the steam page and download from there. I got it working fine that way for the most part. Unfortunately I have found that if you enable a mod that has errors and then open the mods window again it completely breaks the mod menu. I'm still testing but so far I can reproduce that error at least.

scuba156

Hey everyone, sorry for the lack of details. I was in a rush to release it, and did not have time to write everything up correctly. I'll be fixing up all that kind of stuff over the next few days, even it's only bits here and there. There will also most likely be bugs as there is a few bits of code that was rushed in time for A17. Its best to treat it as a beta for a little bit as I more so just wanted to get a foundation down that I can improve on.

Yes, MME (Mod Menu Enhanced) requires the Extra Widgets mod which i released silently on steam due to the above. You can find it on Steam or I've created a temp download here until I get it onto github etc.

Just a tip, you can right click or click the icon to the left of a mod to bring up its context menu.

Quote from: Sixdd on May 27, 2017, 04:52:01 AM
Yeah, till he updates the OP just go to the steam page and download from there. I got it working fine that way for the most part. Unfortunately I have found that if you enable a mod that has errors and then open the mods window again it completely breaks the mod menu. I'm still testing but so far I can reproduce that error at least.
Thanks I'll check it out. Any mods in particular I can use for testing?

EDIT: I've added some links in the OP

Sixdd

Nothing that has been released. I was working on one of my own mods when I noticed the glitch. As long as the mods you are loading have no errors it doesn't mess up so I think you are good for the most part. I will try and reproduce it again and give an example mod.

scuba156

I've done some more formatting of the OP and uploaded the zips of MME and Extra Widgets to Github. I'll do some more a bit later on.

Quote from: Sixdd on May 27, 2017, 06:49:09 PM
Nothing that has been released. I was working on one of my own mods when I noticed the glitch. As long as the mods you are loading have no errors it doesn't mess up so I think you are good for the most part. I will try and reproduce it again and give an example mod.
No worries, I should be able to reproduce it, I think I know what the issue was but it might be a few days till I can fix it.

Switter

DariusWolfe

One feature I don't see that I'd love is a button to open your mod folder. If that's not doable (restricted permissions on local computer or something) even having a C&P-able install address would be great; I don't mess with mods often enough that I have a dedicated link, but when I do, having to navigate through the layers of folders is annoying.

scuba156

Quote from: Switter on May 28, 2017, 04:14:37 AM
Don't work. Mod don't have version.
Sorry I'm not sure what you mean. If your getting an error message, make sure you have Extra Widgets installed and enabled

Quote from: DariusWolfe on May 28, 2017, 04:35:54 AM
One feature I don't see that I'd love is a button to open your mod folder. If that's not doable (restricted permissions on local computer or something) even having a C&P-able install address would be great; I don't mess with mods often enough that I have a dedicated link, but when I do, having to navigate through the layers of folders is annoying.
A button can be added for this. I need to find a way to add buttons with this type of functionality that fits the style, maybe in a drop down menu. You can do it now if you right click a locally installed mod and select 'open folder' then go back a directory to get to the root mod folder.

SpaceDorf

A SEARCH BUTTON !!!!

The Mod Works and you are a genius.
Thank you so very much for all the effort you put into this mod.

===== EDIT =====

And I found a major flaw in your mod.

There is no option to leave the mod menu without restarting rimworld .. quite anoying if I opened the menu by accident or did not change anything.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

DariusWolfe

QuoteYou can do it now if you right click a locally installed mod and select 'open folder' then go back a directory to get to the root mod folder.

That's all I wanted!

I haven't tried the mod yet, and didn't see it in the description or screenshots, so I figured I'd make the suggestion, but that functionality is perfect.