Introduce yourself!

Started by Tynan, September 16, 2013, 11:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LobsterSundew

I'm a Canadian working on my bachelors degree in management with a direction towards project management. Before that I was working towards becoming a biologist and my user name comes from projects on lobster shell disease and ions moving across the roots of carnivorous sundew plants. I still maintain a colony of sundews descended from the specimens I experimented on along with other carnivorous plant species.

My introduction to RimWorld was through the Recently Launched section on Kickstarter because that is how I normally find out about Kickstarter projects. I was the 17th backer on RimWorld and according to the counter on my profile it was the 623rd project I've backed since 2011.

FTL: Faster Than Light is my current favourite game. I played a lot of Tremulous around 2006 to 2008.

One time I accidentally destroyed an egg (respawn point) in Tremulous during the sudden death period because I didn't realize it was sudden death and wanted to reclaim the build points to build an acid tube or trapper since there were already so many eggs around. You can't reclaim build points in sudden death so my team was down one more egg than it otherwise would have which meant respawning times could be longer for some people.

For breakfast cereals I prefer rotating between Frosted Flakes, Honeycombs, Froot Loops and Frosted Mini-Wheats.
A backer of over 600 crowdfunding campaigns.

Reppyboyo

Howdy, Im Reppy.
Fresh backer, never actually backed any kickstarter before till now. Got high hopes for Rimworld.

Found out about the game via OcUK forums.

Adamemnon

Hello everybody,
I'm Adam from Czech Republic - country of cheap alcohol and lazy people (maybe the alcohol has something to do with that).

-What introduced you to RimWorld? Or to this style of game in general?
I found this game on Quill18's channel and I've been watching all RimWorld videos on Youtube ever since.
-What's your favorite other game?
Planescape Torment and Fallout for unforgettable stories and Spellcross (excellent turn base strategy)
-Most embarrassing gaming-related story?
Probably when I had to explain in hospital how I broke my knuckles and cut my hand while playing Football Manager. I just hate it when you loose match against your city rival by two goals in last minute . Let's just say I won't punch display ever again... even if wouldn't hurt so bad now that I have LCD.
-What kind of breakfast cereal is the best?
Forget about cereals. The best breakfast is a glass of Bloody Mary and an almost raw steak!

This is the first time I backed any game development project which show tell you how much it impressed me.

enystrom8734

Welcome to all new RimWorlders!
E Nystrom - @enystrom8734

Yarkista

Quote from: enystrom8734 on October 07, 2013, 03:38:38 PM
Welcome to all new RimWorlders!

A new moderator? Congrats man!

And welcome new users

Keyreper

I'm Keyreper,
ChristonianA introduced me to RimWorld in his Lets Plays   -   http://www.youtube.com/user/ChristonianA?feature=g-subs-u
I have several Other favorite games, such as Space station 13 and Spelunky
accidentally typed suicide in space station 13, then hit yes
breakfast is for the weak
im a small time youtuber who gets 10 views per video (happy its not 3 any more!,)
http://www.youtube.com/user/keyreper/videos
Beepsky is law   -   http://youtu.be/9bys_q25_Dw
sorry for all the links, if that's not liked/allowed I'll remove them

Tynan

Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

turnip

turnip here. The computer I'm typing this on I very rarely turn off, and I set this to log me in forever, so my name will probably be at the online list 24/7. It doesn't mean I'm online that often.
Saw it on RPS, Quill18, somewhere. I was free today so I decided to put down $73 USD (Hah, your pathetic dollar is less than mine) and waste the day looking and these forums and shizzle (Not a NEET.)
I heartily enjoy playing anything I can get my grubby, turnip-greased hands on. Don't waste all my time on Gaming, but it is a nice pastime of mine that I use to relax.
I honestly can't think of one, but there's probably been a few awkward social situations I've gotten myself into.
turnip-o's.
Turnips should be a growable plant.

quietlyVillainous

Hey everyone, I'm Villain, 23, currently living in Australia.
My sister introduced me to this game while she was browsing Kickstarter - she took one look at it and knew immediately it was something I'd like, haha.  I love these kinds of games so this right up my alley.  Went in for the 30$ tier and am now excited for the Kickstarter to end.

In general, I'm a big fan of survival and management based games, but I also enjoy strategy; and anything with good story and characters is a plus.  Warcraft 2 and Sarcraft 2 were some of my first games and they're still old favorites.  Currently, I'm playing Don't Starve, which I'm terrible at despite how much fun I have with it.

as for embarassing gaming stories? well, not a story exactly, but if you give me dialogue options in a game I will literally spend hours laboring over which one to choose.

What kind of breakfast cereal is the best? screw cereal, there's nothing better then Vegemite toast.
if I had to pick one though, probably Fruitloops.
Nice to meet all of you.

salt1219

Hello everyone, my name is Will but you can call me salt
I'm 31 and live in Washington state not too far from the Canadian boarder

I found out about Rimworld through kickstarter (i frequently check the games out)

I'm a aircraft mechanic for Boeing commercial and am currently working on 777-200, 777-300 both passenger and freighters.

my all time favorite game was a old BullFrog Games title called Syndicate, it had a sequel called Syndicate Wars but it wasn't as good in my opinion.

I don't really eat cereal or breakfast for that matter

Keystone

Hello,

My name is Keystone, I'm from the United Kingdom and I seem to be rather taken with Rimworld.

I had promised myself not to back any more project for awhile as i've built up quite the pile. However Rimworld put on its stylish fighting trousers and kicked my will power squire in the nuts.

Not sure what else to say,

so ive attached a picture of me headbutting a t-rex.

also the t-rex has a lightsabre

Hypolite

I guess Tynan's already contacted you to be art director for RimWorld, right?

Nero

I am Nero. I write, I play music, I do some digital art, and I game when time allows. I am studying political science and law/legal theory in Virginia. I wish to be a legal analyst (not a person who goes on TV and talks about law, not that kind of analyst). I found this game via Rock, Paper, Shotgun.

upnat0m

Hello all, I'm Upnat0m from Australia.  I had never heard of this game until today when it popped up on my "what to watch" list on YouTube...it looked interesting, and at first I thought it was a mod for prison architect! lol  I love PA, so this hit my interest immediately, and I promptly backed it on kickstarter and voted on steam greenlight.    can't wait to try it out and see how it develops.

Keystone

Quote from: Hypolite on October 09, 2013, 08:14:33 PM
I guess Tynan's already contacted you to be art director for RimWorld, right?

It seems my artwork has been deemed "Too life like" for it to be used in the game.