[A17] [WIP] Malfunction, an Endgame Expansion! (v0.5.6) (17th of July, 2017)

Started by Vlyxnol, May 29, 2017, 02:45:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vlyxnol

Malfunction

Important Information:
This mod is NOW playable!
The Mod Name has a chance of being changed in the future!
This mod has unfinished Artwork, Sound, and Advanced Features! For a better playing experience you may want to wait for this to be completed before doing a long play through!

Description:
Malfunction is an Endgame Mod designed to increase the playtime, difficulty, and content of the Industrial and Spacer Eras.

By unlocking the secrets of Nanites, tiny programmable robots, you can learn how to create anything from advanced clothing to even Compact Nuclear Power Generation!

Storyline:

Your start on this world may seem like a peaceful beginning, but a dark menace looms on the horizon to lay claim to territory they fought over long ago with the ancients. A race against time has been set in motion, will you be as prepared for the new Mechanoid threat as the ancients were? Or will you lose everything and perhaps only survive as a distant memory?

Features:

• Adds an advanced version of the Mechanoids who have begun to invade the planet!
  • Adds new craftable clothing, weapons, power armor, shieldbelts, metals, and resources.
  • Adds several new workbenches.
  • Adds new power buildings and power storage.
  • Adds a new and larger Hydroponics Basin.
  • Adds mintable currency for a small economic boost.
  • Adds Formal Dress Wear with a high social value and a higher sell price factor for a small economic boost.
  • Adds a new research tab with a fully laid out research tree.
  • Adds new difficulty mechanics for Power, Crafting, Trading, Heat Management, and of course Raids!
  • Adds more grow-able plants to the base and added Hydroponics basins, using the Alpha17 Patch Operation.
  • Adds a new upgrade to the Sandbags called Shooting Emplacements!
  • Adds two new Heavy Defense Turrets!
  • The Chemfuel Generator and Basic Hydroponics Basin are now Portable which allows for easier second base or mining camp setups!

Author/Mod Team
PrimaryCoding/Author: Vlyxnol
Artist/Coding: Fluffinator09
Artist: Source
SoundDesigner/Coding: Mellowautomata

Special Thanks To:
Mrofa for some Artwork!
eatKenny for some c# coding!

We are in need of an additional Artist!

Interested in joining our team? Send Vlyxnol a PM!

Compatibility:
This mod should be compatible with all other mods, if you find this isn't the case with a particular mod please let us know!

Recommended Mods:
Hospitality - Forum Thread
Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion- Forum Thread

Download
Download from Dropbox - Dropbox
Subscribe to on Steam - Steam Workshop

How to install:
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.

We are looking for any and all Feedback!

Since its still early in the development we're looking for any Feedback, but particularly looking for; reporting of bugs, reporting of typos, suggestions in naming things differently, changing of descriptions, balance changes, ideas for features in general, ideas to change current systems, ideas to increase difficultly using a separate base mechanic, and the overall feel of the current mechanics.

Vlyxnol

~~~~WIP Version 0.5.6~~~~
Added artwork for Nuclear Reactor
Created c# Coding for Turret Top Size custom Turrets

~~~~WIP Version 0.4.8~~~~
Market Values for all items Completed.
Completed first round of Balance Changes.
Added 12 pieces of artwork along with glowercode on several items.
Reduced Research Cost of most technologies about an average of 15%
Reduced All Graphsteel Costs in weapons, power armor, and shields by about 25%
Fixed bug where Advanced Mechanoid Units spawn from Crashed Ships
Added via patch operation, base Hydroponics Basin, minified code and Mass to 45, is now portable.
Changed Nanite Hydroponics Basin steel Cost from 350 to 300.
Changed via patch operation, Ground Penetrating Scanner Research, from 7000 to 2000
Changed Chemfuel Generator cost of Steel from 200 to 125 and Graphene from 50 to 25
Added Chemfuel Generator Mass to 18 and Minified Code, is now portable.
Removed Graphsteel ability to spawn underground
Changed Silver Coin market value from 120 to 12 and Gold Coin market value from 1200 to 120
Changed Adhesive Recipe potato cost from 25 to 15
Removed via patch operation, base Hydroponics Basin, Breakdownable code.
Changed Nanite Recipe work amount from 9400 to 6400, Nanites produced from 3 to 2, Graphene amount from 9 to 6
Reduced all Silver coin and Gold coin work amounts by about 1/3
Removed Duplicate Code in Recipe_Clothing
Changed all instances of NanitePants to NaniteWorkPants
Changed all instances of NaniteSocialUniform to NaniteSocialShirt
Adjusted Colors in the Shooting Emplacement Artwork
Increased all Power Buildings Sound VolumeRange and DistRange but about 150%
Changed Nanite Social Shirt workspeedglobal increased from .35 to .45
Changed Nanite Work Shirt and Pants Cloth Cost from 160 to 120
Changed Make Graphsteel Steel Cost from 100 to 75
Fixed bug where Malf Apparel wasn't buyable or sellable on traders due to armor being to high.
Reduced Graphsteel Fuel Rod Graphsteel cost from 8 to 4
Added <tradeability>Never</tradeability> to all buildings

~~~~WIP Version 0.2.7~~~~
Added Batteries Artwork
Added Glower Code for Batteries
Changed Size and DrawSize for Batteries

~~~~WIP Version 0.2.5~~~~
Added a few pieces of Artwork
Added sound for Hydrogen Geothermal Generator
Added Shooting Emplacements and custom Artwork
Added Eliminator Turret
Added Destructor Turret
Added Research for new items

Vlyxnol

ToDo List:

Committed:

• Preview
  • Artwork, Glower Code, Color Options Code
  • Sounds, SoundDefs, Sound Code in Things
  • Multiple factions with different earliestraiddays, Emp Damage c# coding
  • Balance - Combat
  • Deep Core Mining Charge not working
  • Melee Weapons
  • Final Ship Tech
  • Fix bug - Viper possibly not spawning?

Possible:

• Introduction Youtube-video
  • Change mod Name
  • Background music
  • Coins, c# coding to mimick silver in trade menus
  • Ranged EMP Weapon
  • New, no fuel Graphic Icon for Chemfuel Generator and Nuclear Reactor
  • Advanced Windmill Generator
  • Advanced Tool Cabinet
  • Advanced Research Facility for tier 3 tech
  • Multiple Tiers of weapons
  • Add CompHeatPusherPowered to batteries for added difficulty
  • Nuclear Weapons that cause a toxic fallout incident when used

Vlyxnol

Quote from: PerunPerunowy on June 02, 2017, 12:42:05 PM
IM HYPED FOR THIS

:) That's great to hear! We're about 95% to the first playable version, just waiting on the first batch of artwork to get finished and i'm wrapping up some other minor coding. I don't expect any of the custom sound to make it in the first version, but Mellow is working on it!

Unfortunately I don't know how fun the first version will be without most of the artwork in the game, but it will be functional and it should be enough to get started on balancing and we will continue to add more intricate features as we begin the march to a Release Version!

SpaceDorf

This sounds very promising,
And I love that you publish a feature wish and to-do list.

I am hyped especially for the endgame part, but as collector of ALL THEM MOD-THINGIES
I am afraid that you step into the "to many same but different"-features trap.

I love the hell out of Vegetable Garden and Apparello .. but the MinMaxing-Gland in my brain is clashing to hard with the MustHaveEverything reflex that I can't play with them ..
So for the love of my sanity please don't push all that stuff in one mod .. make sensible parts like Jecrell with Chtullhu and StarWars or the RimSenal Mods ( which allready offers some of your features )

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Vlyxnol

Quote from: SpaceDorf on June 12, 2017, 02:30:36 PM
So for the love of my sanity please don't push all that stuff in one mod .. make sensible parts like Jecrell with Chtullhu and StarWars or the RimSenal Mods ( which allready offers some of your features )

You are correct, you could collect a bunch of different mods to accomplish most of, if not all of whats offered here, and I would love to reduce the overall amount of work in my mod by doing this and just add unique things. However the problem with this technique is balancing, I would have no right to balance anything in other people's mod and they would most certainly clash against each other when dealing with resource, damage, or armor amounts.

My goal with this mod is to offer a well balanced mod that adds content and endgame longevity, and unfortunately this can only be done if we reinvent some of the wheel. Now with this being said, I am doing my best to stay out of certain areas with other mods in mind, and will balance this mod to work together with theirs, Hospitality and Rah's Bionics are the two I've chosen thus far though I expect to have others recommended and added to that list.

If you have any more specific mods you think should just be recommend and not effectively remade in this mod please let me know and I'll take a look.

Thank you SpaceDorf for your feedback.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Vlyxnol on June 15, 2017, 01:29:29 AM

Thank you SpaceDorf for your feedback.

My pleasure, since I just can't concentrate on making my own mod, my purpose switched to beta-testing, nitpicking and knowing who does what.
For some Modders a hint of where to look for similiar Ideas or a Name to talk to are just what they needed :)

Sadly I think you misunderstood my main wish here : Don't make a all-in-one mod but create a mod-series with subsets.

I just remembered the Glitterworld mod, which adds to much stuff at once for my taste. ( without telling my what, which is the deadliest sin of modding ! )

The main overlap with Rimsanel so far is the EMP-Rifle from the Enhanced Vanilla Set. Which is the single-most best damn piece of tech on the rim.  ( also a niece base for your own :) )
I see no problem here to have a bit more Anti-Mech Weaponry.

Source

Hi bro, i see you need some artist for you mod, maybe you can send me a message to help you with those textures, and some musics for weapons, everything you need related to Artwork and some sound, you can contact me :)

Vlyxnol

Quote from: SpaceDorf on June 16, 2017, 04:46:59 AM
Sadly I think you misunderstood my main wish here : Don't make a all-in-one mod but create a mod-series with subsets.

I have considered making Malfunction into smaller mods, but I really envision needing everything to complete the experience I'm looking for.

For example.. If I were to make the creatures and weapons seperate mods one wouldn't really work without the other, sure you could use a different mod that adds other weapons instead but they wouldn't be balanced properly to combat those creatures, and it would result in a way too easy or too difficult playthough. Also how would you craft the new weapons? This would force you to have to remove the crafting system as well, and once you do that you can no longer build everything else.

Also making this mod into smaller pieces would require a vast amount of work. I have no problem doing this if there is a significant gain, but I don't see that at the moment.

I am open to discussing this further incase there would be a way to do this while maintaining balance and a good overall experience.

Quote from: SpaceDorf on June 16, 2017, 04:46:59 AM
I just remembered the Glitterworld mod, which adds to much stuff at once for my taste. ( without telling my what, which is the deadliest sin of modding ! )

I think the best solution for this is to create a wiki or a detailed item list post.

SpaceDorf

DemonLordM

Mhm mod seems enjoyable so far tho i never make it to most of the research i end up dying to manhunting packs of boomrats quite often lately. Tho might wanna look into the trading value of the mod as there seems to be items that cost 0.50 silver or less i remember seeing the nanite pants costing about that much when i bought it from a trader

Vlyxnol

Quote from: DemonLordM on July 04, 2017, 07:39:02 PM
Mhm mod seems enjoyable so far tho i never make it to most of the research i end up dying to manhunting packs of boomrats quite often lately. Tho might wanna look into the trading value of the mod as there seems to be items that cost 0.50 silver or less i remember seeing the nanite pants costing about that much when i bought it from a trader

I'm glad your enjoying the bare bones versions!

I believe you are playing the older, 0.2.8 version which didn't have market values for items finished yet, so yes in that version some items will have a market value of 0.5 silver. However if you update to 0.4.8, all market values have been completed and should make alot more sense!

The only reason I didn't do this earlier was because I wanted to balance out the economy of the crafting system before giving large items their proper values.

DemonLordM

Vlyxnol

In order to get turrets to show proper size with update 0.5.6 you don't need a new save, but you will have to rebuild any existing turrets.