Unrequited love: Colonists falling in love outside actual relationships

Started by Ouroboros, May 29, 2017, 05:48:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ouroboros

Example.

BOB falls in love with MARIA. They are NOT in a relationship. 
BOB gains [Unrequited love: Maria] -5 mood. This CAN disappear after time.

Scenario 1: BOB and MARIA gets together, BOB now gain a MUCH bigger mood buff than regular. That normalize after time to regular, but with slow decay.

Scenario 2: MARIA gets together with ANDREW, BOB now gains a -10 mood penalty as long as MARIA and ANDREW are together [Unrequited love, the love of my life is together with someone else!]. This also makes it so BOB and ANDREW has a much bigger chance of starting a social fight. 

This would deepen the love mechanic and make for better stories. It also adds a strategic game element as in rewarding the player to try and couple up specific people.

Texaskimo

What actions should the player take to try to match specific pawns?

I can't think of much other than trying to make their work zones and bedrooms close to each other and matching their schedules to try to maximize their social interactions.

Ouroboros

Quote from: Texaskimo on May 29, 2017, 08:35:58 PM
What actions should the player take to try to match specific pawns?

I can't think of much other than trying to make their work zones and bedrooms close to each other and matching their schedules to try to maximize their social interactions.

That's exactly what I meant. Unless that would be too tedious, in which case maybe lower the mood penalty for unrequited love. From a story element side it would certainly make things more interesting?

A Friend

Stockholm syndrome. Arrest lovebird no. 1 and have lovebird no. 2 warden him/her. The prisoner's opinion of the warden will skyrocket.
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"