Official: Dutch

Started by Geeves, April 26, 2014, 05:27:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geeves

Geen probleem, met Alpha 4 komt er nog meer dat vertaald is. Meer dan wat er in Alpha 3 mogelijk is.
You know it is bedtime when you open a file called GeneralEffecters.xml and the first 2 words you notice are: Butcher and Children.
==============
Learning to program is easy. Learning to put what is in your mind into programming code, now that is the hard part.

Geeves

A quick heads-up to all you who play with the Dutch language settings:

I did not have enough time on my hands (from my side) to translate everything in Alpha 5 to Dutch.
I am working as fast as I can with the limited time that I currently have to translate everything.
Once that is done I will upload the translation to a place where you all can reach it.

I recommend playing with the language set to English until I am done.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Geeves.
You know it is bedtime when you open a file called GeneralEffecters.xml and the first 2 words you notice are: Butcher and Children.
==============
Learning to program is easy. Learning to put what is in your mind into programming code, now that is the hard part.

datdenkikniet

If you need any help, tell me! (I would love to help out :D)

datdenkikniet

I've restarted translating :D

Rob

I've just tried the dutch translation and I was shocked how bad it was, after a minute and seeing all the German in it I switched back to English.
I'm just a bit Different :D

Kenyi

I'll try to do my part to translate the game to more proper Dutch. If there's any translators still active I'd like to get in touch with the lot of you to see how much we've already covered and what still needs to be done.

kasimirtlw

count me up on that too the german is starting to hurt my eyes

how can we help this along ??

Kenyi

I'll start doing some preliminary work and get a common discussion going om the Github Dutch repo. Meanwhile, if you want to help me out, you can send your github account name and your intention to help to [email protected]. He'll then add you to the Ludeon github so that you can help me sort this out.

Geertje123

I noticed some mistakes here and there and I'd like to contribute. I shall send Tynan an E-mail and contact one of the official translators about it. :)

keenriser

I already re-translated the settings menu and some other things, I'd be happy to share my updated translations. I was considering forking the github NL project and then sending a merge request?

Edit, in fact, I just did:
https://github.com/erenes/RimWorld-Dutch

Geertje123

Quote from: keenriser on January 02, 2015, 05:17:04 AM
I already re-translated the settings menu and some other things, I'd be happy to share my updated translations. I was considering forking the github NL project and then sending a merge request?

Edit, in fact, I just did:
https://github.com/erenes/RimWorld-Dutch

It might be a good idea to just email Tynan to get access so you can see what everyone is updating and we don't get any nasty merge conflicts :)

keenriser

Quote from: Geertje123 on January 02, 2015, 07:59:16 AMIt might be a good idea to just email Tynan to get access so you can see what everyone is updating and we don't get any nasty merge conflicts :)

On one hand, yes. On the other hand, git has been developed with this kind of distributed development model in mind :)

I think it would be great if we could have a place to discuss preferred translations of things (we may or may not disagree on 'instellingen' vs 'opties' for example, and that is only a very basic example), and maybe who is working on which file? In the meanwhile I'll mail Tynan :)

Geertje123

Quote from: keenriser on January 02, 2015, 08:19:09 AM
Quote from: Geertje123 on January 02, 2015, 07:59:16 AMIt might be a good idea to just email Tynan to get access so you can see what everyone is updating and we don't get any nasty merge conflicts :)

On one hand, yes. On the other hand, git has been developed with this kind of distributed development model in mind :)

I think it would be great if we could have a place to discuss preferred translations of things (we may or may not disagree on 'instellingen' vs 'opties' for example, and that is only a very basic example), and maybe who is working on which file? In the meanwhile I'll mail Tynan :)

I can set up an IRC channel for Dutch translators where we discuss stuff like that. Skype might work as well, whatever you guys (currently only you and me) prefer.

keenriser

Haven't used IRC in years, but I'm ok with it. I'm hereby claiming Keyed/Menu_*.xml since I was already working on those :)

Geertje123

Quote from: keenriser on January 02, 2015, 09:16:23 AM
Haven't used IRC in years, but I'm ok with it. I'm hereby claiming Keyed/Menu_*.xml since I was already working on those :)

Channel running on Rizon at #rimworld.dutch

If you don't have an IRC client, you can join the channel here: http://qchat1.rizon.net/?channels=rimworld.dutch

*EDIT*

Maybe this should be added to the main post? Unfortunately Geeves has gone inactive, maybe a moderator can do it?