[MOD] (Alpha 3F) Liandri Corp 1.3 - (Unofficial A4 Update on Pg 6)

Started by Austupaio, April 26, 2014, 08:05:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SSS

So, I've been playing with the mod active for over 180 days in-game. I thought it was odd that I hadn't seen any of the weapons or the trader, so I turned on development mode and forced traders to show. The game seems to allow only one of each type, and Liandri never showed.

Is the Liandri trader considered one of the original trader types (weapon or slave, I assume), or is it a new type altogether? I couldn't find an option to force-spawn any of the mod's weapons either, but I don't know if I should. (It was my first time in dev mode.)

Austupaio

I'm not really quite certain what the deal with the traders is. They're configured to basically act as slave traders right now, which they do when they bother to show up.

I've had some games go with them regularly rotating with regular traders, then other games where they never show up at all. Could be anything from a mod conflict to something I don't understand about the trader defs.

You should be able to force spawn the weapons, yes. If they're not listed for you, could you screenshot the weapon spawning menu with my mod active?

SSS

Do you need to have it active at map generation? I did when I started this map, but I was testing out some other mods as well. In any case, I've only had this mod and the fertilizer mod active for a long time.

The weapons don't show up on the spawn weapon or spawn thing menus. I've included screenshots of both.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Austupaio

Ah, yeah, that would do it. If it's not active when you start the game, you won't see anything, I'm afraid.

However, you followed that up by saying it WAS active when you started the game so...

My initial questions would be:
Which link did you download the mod from?
Are you using Rimworld Alpha 3?
Is the mod is installed so that the directories read \RimWorld413Win\Mods\Liandri Corp\ ?

If yes to all of those, are you getting any error messages when you activate/deactivate the mod? What about in-game?

Just out of curiosity, do you recall what other mods? It's not important if you don't, I've never had a mod conflict with my own.

SSS

- The 1.1 gamefront link.
- Yes, but my folder reads RimWorld410Win rather than 413Win.
- RimWorld413Win\Mods\Liandri1.1

Does it need to remain zipped, by chance? I unzipped the mod before placing it in the mod folder.

There were no error messages when deactivating the mod, nor when loading the colony. I let the game run on the fastest speed for awhile and watched the tilde menu, but there were no errors or warnings there either. I tried the same thing after reactivating and got the same results.

Now, before I list the mods I have, know that I've now tried starting a new colony with only the Liandri mod and core game loaded. The weapons still weren't available for spawning in the spawn weapon or spawn thing dev tools.

Here's the mods I have (I don't recall which ones I had turned on when I started the colony, but I deactivated nearly all of them shortly afterwards):
Quote- BetterPower+ (V2.4.1)
- BlastingCharges
- BP & WE Patch v1.0.1
- Clutter
- Core
- FertilizerPump
- Galactic Trader v1-408-409
- Liandri1.1
- More-Edibles(2)
- Non-Lethal Turrets
- RoyalBed
- Wood 0.94.1

Of these, I suppose Galactic (Meat) Trader would be the most likely to cause a conflict, but I don't think this is a mod interference problem given my above test.

I recall not noticing many differences when trying out other mods before, so I'll try some others in a bit. Given that the fertilizer pump works, I don't think this is a problem I'm having with all mods, but I suppose I should make sure it's not your mod alone that won't work for me.

Austupaio

You seem to have done everything right, 1.1 worked and I haven't had anyone else have an issue, so I'm afraid I'm clueless. I will say that Galactic Trader probably conflicted with the Liandri Corp trader, but it would not have conflicted with the weapons, I believe.

Yeah, all I can suggest is to get my new version, which I'll put out tomorrow, maybe Monday. Sorry that I can't be more help, really.

Oh, just for clarity.
QuoteDoes it need to remain zipped, by chance? I unzipped the mod before placing it in the mod folder.
No, that is not the case. You were correct to unzip it.

NOPE, mid-post epiphany. ;D It just occurred to me what your problem is.

QuoteRimWorld413Win\Mods\Liandri1.1
I think when you unzipped the folder, either through your own settings or just the default, the program unzipped it as a folder called Liandri1.1. Your directory is probably RimWorld413Win\Mods\Liandri1.1\Liandri Corp.

Just drag out the Liandri Corp folder, and delete the empty Liandri1.1.

SSS

Quote from: Austupaio on May 17, 2014, 10:25:47 PM
NOPE, mid-post epiphany. ;D It just occurred to me what your problem is.

QuoteRimWorld413Win\Mods\Liandri1.1
I think when you unzipped the folder, either through your own settings or just the default, the program unzipped it as a folder called Liandri1.1. Your directory is probably RimWorld413Win\Mods\Liandri1.1\Liandri Corp.

Just drag out the Liandri Corp folder, and delete the empty Liandri1.1.

Eureka! This is surely what caused problems with some of the other mods as well. Thank you! ^-^

The weapons now show in the spawn tools. Slavers now bear the Liandri Corp note at the end of their names as well. If I may, do they only sell weapons part of the time?

Thank you again.

Austupaio

Seems to be a limitation of how trader defs are laid out right now that traders can only sell one type of good, on the plus side, they will at least buy both slaves and weapons. I'm sure that in future Rimworld versions, I'll be able to tweak the Liandri traders further.

Don't worry about that issue, happens all the time, I've done it myself for mods and other games.

Now, for a preview of how I've re-done the descriptions for all weapons, as well as some of the weapons I've made since. Some work still needs to be done on the turrets before I release.

I'm still working on turreted vehicles, they're just not cool enough yet. I've also made good progress on the weapons, and even bots, of the Metal Arms stuff but I'm waiting for Alpha 4 to actually work that into the mod.

Mm, Mil-Bot and Droid Rebel mechanoid factions.

If that goes well, I'll do a Skarjj faction as well.

Austupaio

Double-post, don't kill me.

I actually meant to take the screenshot earlier to show off the turrets more but uh, the tribals kind of swarmed me faster than I expected. Oh well.

I've just uploaded 1.3 to various mirrors and updated the OP with the links and some information. Four turrets have been added, accessible through two researches. Right now, they have high metal and power costs, but in Alpha 4, I'll reduce those and have the turrets be built using their component weapons.

As noted, there are several new weapons, and all weapons have been balanced better, along with new sound effects and improved old sound effects.

Also, I really, really hate Moddb. It took me an hour to change the description of the mod slightly, add a new image and upload the new version. The mirror will be up once Moddb approves the file.

Nexus isn't much better, it's always slow but today their servers actually went down twice. The mirror will be edited in too, once their servers are back up.

Edit; Nexus came back up and the link was added to the OP.

Edit2; Moddb links added. Not sure if 1.3 was approved yet.

Garen

Quote from: Austupaio on May 18, 2014, 02:38:37 PM
Double-post, don't kill me.

I actually meant to take the screenshot earlier to show off the turrets more but uh, the tribals kind of swarmed me faster than I expected. Oh well.

I've just uploaded 1.3 to various mirrors and updated the OP with the links and some information. Four turrets have been added, accessible through two researches. Right now, they have high metal and power costs, but in Alpha 4, I'll reduce those and have the turrets be built using their component weapons.

As noted, there are several new weapons, and all weapons have been balanced better, along with new sound effects and improved old sound effects.

Also, I really, really hate Moddb. It took me an hour to change the description of the mod slightly, add a new image and upload the new version. The mirror will be up once Moddb approves the file.

Nexus isn't much better, it's always slow but today their servers actually went down twice. The mirror will be edited in too, once their servers are back up.

Edit; Nexus came back up and the link was added to the OP.

Edit2; Moddb links added. Not sure if 1.3 was approved yet.

whoa, i wasnt expecting that!, thank you so much!

SSS

Nice update! It's cool to have more turret and weapon options. ^-^

Needless to say, I like having the weapon stats in the description. Thank you!

Edit: That hand stunner will be a particularly welcome addition. Hehehe. :3

Austupaio

It's a little tricky to use, especially when you only have one or two. Once you manage to collect like half a dozen though, it's hilarious to send little squads at lone raiders and watch them taze the bastard into the fetal position.

SpiritedCanine

I noticed Warframe, any plans to expand with more guns from them?
Don't get mad at me for stupid stuff!

Austupaio

:D Feasibly, I don't play it a ton though so I'm not overly familiar with most of the firearms. Did you have anything specific you wanted?

Austupaio

Double-post.

Not specifically related to Liandri, it'll be a separate mod; I just wanted to preview it, maybe get opinions.
If it's not obvious, it'll simply be a mod to update the vanilla weapons a bit. I know an old mod did it once but I was unable to find it and IIRC, it didn't quite work properly.