Help Pleeeease! What do i need to publish a mod?

Started by Quasarrgames, April 27, 2014, 01:15:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quasarrgames

I have a mod. It's almost finished. It adds a few more guns into the game. I was thinking of releasing it. I'm just wondering what i need to publish it. Do i need a source code or a change log or some type of accreditation or something, or can i just compress the file and put a download link through google drive, and post it in here along with a little description?

THANKS A BUNCH! :)
On the right path, but the wrong medication.

I like how there's a thing that displays how long you've logged in to the forums. It shows just how many hours you've spent here, never to get back...

iame6162013

change logs, source code is fun but not required,(if u only add xml files people should be able to read them, if they can read of course)
However the download link is (This makes no sense at all :P )
Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Architect

Just test it to make sure it works, zip it up, and post us a link :D If the mod is small enough when zipped, you may find that you can upload it to the forums, in which case you will be able to see how many people have downloaded your mod at any one time too :P
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

jamieg

Quote from: Architect on April 27, 2014, 02:57:34 PM
Just test it to make sure it works, zip it up, and post us a link :D If the mod is small enough when zipped, you may find that you can upload it to the forums, in which case you will be able to see how many people have downloaded your mod at any one time too :P

This is the best answer some one could give, but if your mod is too big for ludeon and you have to use an external upload site like mediafire for example, then go onto bit.ly and paste your link there it will give you a new link that you post here as the link this way you can still see how many downloads you have had, and which parts of the world are playing it :)
YES! Its true! im updating The BIG BANG mod pack check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orzLZbECR20&list=UUr1sEPUEhFqy01q16zGisIg