Can't Form Caravans

Started by BlueTressym, June 07, 2017, 02:33:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueTressym

Hi.  Since I started a new colony (in 17b) I have discovered, upon receiving a quest, that I can't form caravans.  When I go to the World screen and click the 'Form Caravan', the screen comes up - but the "Colonists and Animals" tab is empty.  I have six colonists (I think) and none of them are downed or incapacitated. 

I'm not getting the debug log pop up when I load in RW, so I don't know how to see what the problem could be. 

I would appreciate any help with this.  Thank you. 

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

BlueTressym

Ok, so I've had a trader arrive and I can't trade with him; my schmoozer goes to him, and it says 'Trading with X' but she just speaks to him and then goes away; the trade screen does not appear.  I mention this here because I'm wondering if the bug is related to trading or factions, as I've also had what seems like an odd occurrence of Factions Leaders dying.  I know it happens sometimes, but they seem to be dropping like flies.  A short time ago, I had eight of them drop dead simultaneously.   :o

Output Log

klepkhet

Same issue. Cannot trade with caravans, visitors or ships. Select items and people screen blank when forming a caravan or launching transport pod.

klepkhet

+save game file.

Krystade

Any update on a fix for this? Both the people and items tabs are empty, the only tab that isn't blank is the config tab.

dctrjons

This is a guess, just now have this problem, but not sure if there is a "fix".

I keep all of my trade beacons inside, and haven't had a problem for 100+ trades, they would all just fall near a roof edge.  Well I changed my base a bit, it's completely roofed except for a few holes for a/c to vent heat out to open air.  Well I moved a trade beacon near one of these holes and in my last trade all that fell was a stack of 500 silver in the roof hole....I suspect the other items could not find a spot to land and this screwed up the trade and locked it...and caravans from working.

At the time I had a caravan in transit...they could trade fine, but on my base I couldn't.  In my debug in the the area where my 500 silver dropped there appears to be a spamming "draw" error, which I assume is goods I bought that couldn't spawn, I cleared the area but the error remains.  I've yet figured out a way to save the colony.

Edit: Think I figured it out. Had a quest to attack an outpost, I noticed the outpost quest info (when you click on the outpost) was an error "GetInspectString exception on Site Outpost....NullReferenceException: Object referent not set to instance of an object".

I cannot fully read the error, it's cut off and I don't see a log for it. So my no trade/ error comes after I kill the outpost and complete the quest. I get sent my "gift" at a beacon (I moved one outside), I clicked on "jump to location" from the quest text and it centers over the outside beacon and....nothing is there. Normally silver drops, but there's nothing. So apparently it's a quest completion that causes this lockdown on trade and making a caravan (another feature I found broken) from a broken quest. Now, what broke the quest...not sure.