Need meal source

Started by zelldot, April 30, 2014, 09:24:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zelldot

This is really bugging me, is there a version of <ignoreNeedsPower> for the meal needs?

Tynan

Can you give some more context?
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

zelldot

I have created something like the stove, a fire without power, but when I build it I still get the message meal source needed over the right side of the screen, I managed to nullify the warning for "power needed" with "<ignoreNeedsPower>true</ignoreNeedsPower>" which is use for the built in metal walls you have made for example. Im wondering if there is a tag which removes the "Meal needed" warning.

Tynan

That warning may be hardcoded; I'll have to look into it tomorrow.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

iame6162013

so u know i can reproduce this with a new nutrient paste dispenser ;)
(it works just that "Need meal source" message)
Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

zelldot

I have the feeling this is hard coded because i literally copy pasted the stove and only changed its dev name, and other relevant, and I can not see a tag for that thing on the dispenser and stove, must over checked at least 5 times now, lol, I hate thinking something exists when it don't (that i know of)

StorymasterQ

I think there's also the same issue with some mod that has an Advanced Comms Console, a slimmer version of the vanilla Comms Console. Even with the Adv. Console built, the warning 'No treading capacity' is still visible until the vanilla Comms Console is built.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here