How to make bullets heal somebody?

Started by Celthric Aysen, May 01, 2014, 11:43:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celthric Aysen

Well im just a new to this coding business and i wish to know if this is possible for a bullet to heal a pawn, without the use of DLL's

Also is there a way for a bullet to tranquilize enemies?
My DeviantART|E-Vehicles|Flebe's  Channel
"♫"Every people that i see i will never understand"♪"

Tynan

It'll be easy in Alpha 4. Unfortunately in A3 there is a bug where bullets always do bullet damage unless you override them with a dll.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

iame6162013

nho was thinking a good use for it too let's hope for alpha 4
Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Celthric Aysen

Quote from: Tynan on May 01, 2014, 01:41:51 PM
It'll be easy in Alpha 4. Unfortunately in A3 there is a bug where bullets always do bullet damage unless you override them with a dll.
hmm..
k then, thanks for the answer.

StorymasterQ

So, A4 will have melee weapon support and heal 'damage'? We're making healing shivs, then? Maybe even Hanatarou's Hisagomaru?
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

jpwrunyan

Very much waiting for Alpha 4. Sounds like so many things will be so much easier to do.

I am betting that healing damage will be as simple as setting a negative number for the damage value. Any takers?

Actually I kinda hope that's *not* the way to implement it in Alpha 4... or at least not the "best practice" way, but whatever

Architect

Quote from: jpwrunyan on May 02, 2014, 01:56:39 AM
Very much waiting for Alpha 4. Sounds like so many things will be so much easier to do.

I am betting that healing damage will be as simple as setting a negative number for the damage value. Any takers?

Actually I kinda hope that's *not* the way to implement it in Alpha 4... or at least not the "best practice" way, but whatever

There is actually a healing damage type you'll be pleased to hear. Bleeding, bullet, bludgeon, healing, bomb, and flame are all the in game damage types i can currently think of, and we should be able to make our own with alpha 4 :)
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

Celthric Aysen

Quote from: Architect on May 02, 2014, 02:49:57 AM
Quote from: jpwrunyan on May 02, 2014, 01:56:39 AM

There is actually a healing damage type you'll be pleased to hear. Bleeding, bullet, bludgeon, healing, bomb, and flame are all the in game damage types i can currently think of, and we should be able to make our own with alpha 4 :)
Oooh!
glad to hear!

Kirid

I created a pistol with the ammo <damageType> as "Healing" Had my colonist test shoot each other.... just fyi it doesn't heal, even if the damage is set in the negative.
You can't rollerskate in a muffalo herd

Tynan

Quote from: Kirid on May 02, 2014, 03:00:59 PM
I created a pistol with the ammo <damageType> as "Healing" Had my colonist test shoot each other.... just fyi it doesn't heal, even if the damage is set in the negative.

It will in Alpha4. Bullets are bugged in A3 to always use the Bullet damage type. Sorry.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

jpwrunyan

Quote from: Architect on May 02, 2014, 02:49:57 AM
There is actually a healing damage type you'll be pleased to hear.

That is what I want to hear! Nice and explicit and not weird! Will it damage undead? (j/k)