[1.0] Psychology (2018-11-18)

Started by System.Linq, June 30, 2017, 02:39:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tirrikindir

Hey, I've got a bug in the B18 version. I had a world event to rescue a prisoner, and when I managed to release the prisoner, she automatically (per the event) joined my faction. However, now she has the "Faction imprisoned me" penalty in her relationship with all of my colonists.

On a sort-of related note, the "Faction imprisoned me" penalty seems to kick in when a prisoner is released, rather than when they're imprisoned, which strikes me as wrong.

System.Linq

It's not wrong. Mood is used as a factor in recruiting a prisoner, so the penalty is only applied when you successfully do so, to avoid making it even more difficult.

frenchiveruti

Quote from: Linq on December 06, 2017, 04:05:22 PM
It's not wrong. Mood is used as a factor in recruiting a prisoner, so the penalty is only applied when you successfully do so, to avoid making it even more difficult.
I think you understood the wrong thing, he rescued an imprisoned person by another faction in the "event" that Rimworld triggers where you have to go and rescue some noob that got trapped by a hostile faction. 
So, when this good Samaritan rescued this ungrateful prisoner, the prisoner considered his rescuers his torturers, and the "debuff" kicked in.
He was never "trying to recruit" the prisoner, as the prisoner was not his prisoner, but instead a Pirate Faction prisoner.

System.Linq

Quote from: Tirrikindir on December 06, 2017, 03:07:25 PM
On a sort-of related note, the "Faction imprisoned me" penalty seems to kick in when a prisoner is released, rather than when they're imprisoned, which strikes me as wrong.

GrimTrigger

Added Psychology to an existing game, my current colonists do not have the psyche tab... any way to remedy that?

Edit:  Disregard... did some searching and saw where you had told others in a few different locations how to fix this.  For those wondering edit your save and search for Class="Pawn" and replace with Class="Psychology.PsychologyPawn"  this appears to have added it into my game completely.

Ian_Suffix

@Linq

I'm still translating away, bit by bit. I noticed that the paranoid ramblings are in a string array in mentalstate_paranoia.cs. It's got some impressive variety to it... but there's no way of translating local variables like this, right?

EDIT: Also, fell plotting.

System.Linq

Yeah, I can move them into the keyed variables.

Ser Kitteh

So can pyromania be actually treated away? Permanently? Or does it just keep them at bay?

zartonia

I am also having a problem with the nexus download. When I try to open with winrar it says "The archive is either in an unknown format or damaged" I download mods from nexus regularly but for some reason this one wont work for me. I cannot view the files with the magnifying glass, it's just blank.

System.Linq

Ian_Suffix

Quote from: Linq on December 07, 2017, 06:24:42 AM
Yeah, I can move them into the keyed variables.

That would be fantastic! I don't use Combat Extended, but if I'm not mistaken, it has the same problem. I think it'd be a lot more entertaining as a non-English speaker for the little pawn blurbs to be localized.

MasterBabble

Hi love this mod, I'm also having a problem with the nexus download.
7-zip
"Can not open file 'C:\Users\Erik\Downloads\Psychology2017-12-3.rar-161-17-12-3.rar' as archive"

Thanks

System.Linq

Mst

Is it ok to use with Dub's Hygiene? If so which is the correct load order?

System.Linq