[1.0] Psychology (2018-11-18)

Started by System.Linq, June 30, 2017, 02:39:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thakyZ

Going off of what @Kori said about the mod not being compatible with the latest EdB Prepare Carefully mod. I have taken the time to enable only these three mods: Hugs Lib, EdB Prepare Carefully and Psychology. All on their latest versions and in that exact order.
Here is my log: https://gist.github.com/8407434c10cc6fb548fec33714118cfc

The errors about not being able to load reference to namespace are there are because of custom scenarios, with mods that I have not enabled for this case.The update would be greatly appreciated.
NOTE: I have found if you download the version of EdB that is of 1.0.10, the option will show up again, although it will not be compatible with any of the more up-to-date mods that patch EdB Prepare Carefully, such as Gradient Hair.

ThiIsMe007

The one and only issue I'm having with this mod is that it overrides vanilla abstracts :

[Psychology] causes compatibility errors by overwriting BaseMentalState in file ..\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\294100\1552507180\Defs\MentalStateDefs\MentalStates_Psychology.xml

In short, this causes never-ending compatibility issues with other mods.

Don't get me wrong, Psychology is a very interesting mod, filled to the brim with content and enjoyable gameplay. The mod was probably coded as it currently exists because of legacy reasons, not because of the mod author's intent. I also intend no offence to its mod author, I'm just a humble mod user and player.

I wish I could play with it, like with some other (very) popular mods on this site, but I don't because I prefer to keep mod compatibility issues to the minimum and enjoy stable and long games, rather than getting a couple of new toys and watch shit suddenly hitting the fan in the middle of (usually much shorter) Rimworld runs.

I hope one day this mod will be fixed and see the "light" again : it deserves to go down as one of the major ones of Rimworld's mod arsenal.

Ruisuki

well linq's three year register anniversary is coming up in 3 days so maybe we will get an update on his plans for psychologys compatibility problems

Schwartz

Minor bug:

When 'hanging out' with someone or doing other forced activities like mayoral meetings, newly drafted colonists will not react to the first move order given. They will react to the second one.

Similarly, when they are in a forced activity and I tell them to prioritize crafting at a bionics bench, they'll come and move an unfinished item off the bench, then ignore the second part and go back to hanging out. I have to give the order twice.

Tocato

How can I edit the save to add the psyche tab?

===========================
While i was able to get this mod working with edb prepare carefully(assigned my created colonists their personalities) and facial stuff(its able to run) using RIMMSassemble, but now I dont see the psyche tab in the game. The mod shows up under mod settings and I see the mayoral spot under tables but the lack of a tab is a problem. Even for prisoners that just arrived.

^ FTC: This problem is fixed by placing What the Hack above Psychology!

E-102

There appears to be no psych tab for the mod. I am running RimHUD though but it says on steam that it's compatible. I've asked the RimHUD modder about this as well. Even in dev mode I can see the psych tab I also can press the button that brings up the sliders. Weirdly enough my pawns are never having elections or any social eents like parties as well but I do only have two pawns so maybe that's the issue idk. Thanks for the great mod btw!

Kirby23590

Quote from: E-102 on September 11, 2019, 05:23:48 AM
There appears to be no psych tab for the mod. I am running RimHUD though but it says on steam that it's compatible. I've asked the RimHUD modder about this as well. Even in dev mode I can see the psych tab I also can press the button that brings up the sliders. Weirdly enough my pawns are never having elections or any social eents like parties as well but I do only have two pawns so maybe that's the issue idk. Thanks for the great mod btw!

I had that one before with those two mods...

I think i was able to fix that, by reorganizing the mods by putting RimHUD above Psychology so that the psych tab appears...

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

sawcisson

I use simple slavery and noticed that slaves can pretend to be a mayor.
Which kinda break the point of a slave ^^
Anyway to fix it ?

Canute

Does a mayor have some might ?
Can he forbid slavery, can he give slaves better food policy and beds ?
So he is just an effective bureaucrat.

Tocato

Getting the standing bug. Pawn tries doing multiple things at once switching between tasks very quickly which causes massive lag. However I found removing the anxiety hediff fixes this. Why would this be? I'm in my second year and this wasn't a problem before even with anxiety. Moved the mod up but still remains unless I remove that health condition. I'm using the 1.1 fork update

Jason_Dayspring

Just some tips for people that are using 1.2 and Prepare Carefully, with the unofficial updated version of this from Steam.  The main complaint I've seen is that there is no button to set the Psychology sliders in Prepare Carefully.  The "Solution" is to just start the game, then go into Dev Mode, and tweak as needed.

That solution doesn't do crap for people like me, that use the same group of people, over and over, as it means every new game leads to WAY to much time spent trying to set those sliders.  And, I have my family as characters, and my family members set the sliders for their characters, so I feel like I can't just wing it.  Using screenshots is a pain, and takes even longer.  But it's a necessary first step.

I found a real, permanent solution. 

Grab Notepad++, free software.  (You can use Notepad, or Wordpad, but they are extremely slow and glitchy when loading save files do to the size, this isn't.)  Now go into your save folder, you want to open your Prepare Carefully character, and your save.  Search their name in the full save, then once there, search "Confident" and it will jump down to the Psychology section.  Copy from there to </nodes>.  Then go into the character from Prepare, and Paste it in, making sure to overwrite exactly, (And back up the folder first, one typo, and that character will not load any more.) then save. 

Now your Prepare Carefully version of that character permanently has the Psychology sliders where you tweaked them in game, and every time you load that character up in the future, it's all set.

(Now if only the Star Wars force powers could be added in the same way.)