RimWorld change log

Started by Tynan, May 02, 2014, 01:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Z

QuoteYou can now change storyteller in-game using the options menu.

Honestly, isn't that a bit cheap?
Prasie the Squirrel!

Rahjital

Cheap? Storytellers are the equivalent of difficulty settings in Rimworld. You shouldn't have to edit the save file if you find Cassandra a bit too tough to handle.

Dr. Z

Do the the different bimes actually have influence on the gameplay?
Prasie the Squirrel!

christhekiller

Quote from: Dr. Z on July 30, 2014, 01:44:40 AM
Do the the different bimes actually have influence on the gameplay?

Well I'm assuming the "Megascarab" only spawns in deserts as it's described as a "giant desert beetle."

Dr. Z

I mean if there will be different challanges in the defferent biomes or if you have to fit your tactic to the biome. A new animal isn't really enough to make me think over my gameplay again, I just kill it if it gets insane.
Prasie the Squirrel!

Rahjital

From the information Tynan gave us here and on his Twitter, it seems there will be different animals in different biomes, seashore (possibly meaning raiders won't be able to come from that direction), different biomes having different fertility and commonality of both animals and plants, different weather etc. In deserts, there may be much less animals and plants, meaning you might have a problem getting enough food. In artic biomes, colonists may be drastically slowed down by snow (there is already snowfall weather implemented in Alpha 5, but it never triggers), etc. There's plenty of things that can still be done before A6 is released too.

gabrielfunkglop

did tynan give a date as to when alpha 6 will be released

Bog

Quote from: gabrielfunkglop on July 30, 2014, 05:29:28 PM
did tynan give a date as to when alpha 6 will be released
Not that I know of. But I'd like to think it'll be soon. ;D

(Not to pressure you Tynan. We just happen to like your game a lot.)
Divergence of Civilization Lead Developer (in this case that's the fancy way of saying "Only Developer")

Project Armoury Developer (New huge 2.13 Release now live!)

Dr. Z

In the past, frequent entrys like "bugfixes" or "improvements" pointed towards a coming release, so I think hype is justified.
Prasie the Squirrel!

tommonius

Hey, I was just reading the updates and got a bit confused with the latest one (01/08)
does anyone know what the "stuff system" is that Tynan is working on?

Dr. Z

Just a guess, but it may be related to the planned resource system, so that you process raw resources in factored ones, e.g. wood logs in planks. Maybe this is a larger version for more then just resources? Or just another name? Or something completly different?
Prasie the Squirrel!

gabrielfunkglop

Maybe Tynan will tell us about the "stuff system" in his next update to the change log or the next alpha video he does

teyhouse

any idea when the next alpha will be released? Since a few days no more changelogs maybe we will get it soon :-)

Dr. Z

There is this thing called "weekend" where people don't have to work you know... ;)
Prasie the Squirrel!

Rahjital

Let's just wait now, we don't want to to rush the Things-of-Stuff(tm) system Tynan has been conjuring into existence!