RimWorld change log

Started by Tynan, May 02, 2014, 01:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bog

Quote from: Shinzy on August 13, 2014, 05:18:39 AM
Quote from: Dr. Z on August 12, 2014, 04:26:40 PM
QuoteStarted reworking trade interface to support trading arbitrary items made of arbitrary defs, all on one screen.

*whisper* He's coming, the clothing trader is coming.

Oh Shinzy, you're so funny.

Anyways, in rimworld the clothes aren't just used, they're "slightly used", as in they were "heavily used" but have since had all the bloodstains washed out and the bullet holes have all been patched up.

PS: Could you post a still of the door closing? For a fraction of a second it looks... interesting.
Divergence of Civilization Lead Developer (in this case that's the fancy way of saying "Only Developer")

Project Armoury Developer (New huge 2.13 Release now live!)

Shinzy

Quote from: Bog on August 13, 2014, 02:04:56 PM
PS: Could you post a still of the door closing? For a fraction of a second it looks... interesting.
Yes I can!

And I'm actually real glad some of the newest cloth related entries in the changelog haven't been implemented yet =P
Trying to integrate any of that right now in my clothing mod would be pain
seeing how much fun I had with updating just the muffalo mod

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

DeltaV

Edited the gibbet cage page to state that it was removed in alpha 5. I didn't remove the page entirely because it might come back in the future.
Quote from: Douglas AdamsIt is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

HatesYourFace

Quote from: DeltaV on August 14, 2014, 08:55:57 AM
Edited the gibbet cage page to state that it was removed in alpha 5. I didn't remove the page entirely because it might come back in the future.

*Cough, cough...* Wrong change log I think lol? Also, the Gibbet Cage kinda got buried when I re-organized the front page since I made it match the in game menu's in layout/format. The page still exists but nothing links to it atm. I'm thinking of making a section on discontinued objects, but idk. If it gets added back to the game, we'll put it back in the wiki. (I'm hoping it does get added back, should just give a negative penalty to mood when in sight of it to everyone, colonists and raiders alike. Like a reverse Plant pot.)
If you have any 2 of the following 3 things: Time, Interest, or Ability; Head on over to the RimWorld wiki and help improve/update it! http://rimworldwiki.com

ShootyFace

Aug 21

Equipment (weapons etc) can affect stats.
    Apparel can now affect any stat, including work speed, psychic sensitivity (tinfoil hats!), social impact, etc.

Oh man! Can't wait for that +10 Minigun of Plant Cutting.
"Oh boy, I can finally have my colonists paint the outer wall with Raider blood and hang a sign by the main door that says: "Looking for Donations"
I'm sure that'll make the Raiders feel welcome. :3" ~TheXIIILightning

Dr. Z

QuoteTraders now deal in and carry apparel, body parts, prosthetics, and AI persona cores.

So if my arm is cut off I can just buy a new one?
Prasie the Squirrel!

Tynan

Quote from: Dr. Z on August 21, 2014, 01:16:30 PM
QuoteTraders now deal in and carry apparel, body parts, prosthetics, and AI persona cores.

You'd have to buy an artificial one. The only organic body parts that can be transplanted are internal organs.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Shinzy

Quote from: ShootyFace on August 21, 2014, 11:57:12 AM
Aug 21

Apparel can now affect any stat, including work speed, psychic sensitivity (tinfoil hats!), social impact, etc.

I.. what?!.. Gakh *heartattack from too much awesome*

I've never been so happy *sniff*

Lost Cause

Quote from: Shinzy on August 21, 2014, 01:43:53 PM
Aug 21

I can see this going horribly wrong.
My farmers in power armour are going to be a thing of the past XD
A job that requires manual dexterity when wearing a suit of clothing that requires power assisted movement? Best of luck with that. On the other hand, power armour should make jobs like hauling or mining far easier ^.^
It doesn't matter how many arms a colonist has as long as one of them is a Minigun!

Shinzy

Quote from: Lost Cause on August 21, 2014, 02:13:29 PM
Quote from: Shinzy on August 21, 2014, 01:43:53 PM
Aug 21

I can see this going horribly wrong.
My farmers in power armour are going to be a thing of the past XD
A job that requires manual dexterity when wearing a suit of clothing that requires power assisted movement? Best of luck with that. On the other hand, power armour should make jobs like hauling or mining far easier ^.^

Theres gonna be huge diversity of different looking colonists instead of army of space marines (which, don't get me wrong, are cool as heck!)
And they can all have pip boys, too! with the vault-tec assisted targeting system =P no?
*hyped*

gekkobear

Quote from: Tynan on August 21, 2014, 01:17:41 PM
Quote from: Dr. Z on August 21, 2014, 01:16:30 PM

You'd have to buy an artificial one. The only organic body parts that can be transplanted are internal organs.

Yes, you can't transplant living people's arms and legs and such... that's barbaric.  Wait, maybe not.

And now I need a quote or two from Terry Pratchett's book "Making Money".
"You're putting lightning right into his head!" Said Moist "That's barbaric!"
"No thur, Barabaianth don't have the capabilitieth" said Igor smoothly.

"Many great men have been conthidered mad, Mr. Hubert. Even Dr. Hanth Forvord wath called mad. But I put it to you: could a madman have created a revolutionary living-brain extractor?"

I'd try to take credit for those as my own, but anyone who knows me would know better. :)

Lost Cause

Because this game essentially uses a barter system people are will now be literally paying in arms and legs.
It doesn't matter how many arms a colonist has as long as one of them is a Minigun!

Shinzy

Quote from: Lost Cause on August 21, 2014, 07:16:53 PM
Because this game essentially uses a barter system people are will now be literally paying in arms and legs.

I barter in potatoes =P

"Eiiiight Dousand poooetaaetooes for the leg, pardner! Ain't gonna find a deal like this anywhere else on the rim. Need a haaand loading them in the cargo bay? Cause I've got few to spare, thar on tae stockpile"

Oh I do hope the protheses will be easy to mod, too
and affecting stats. Pneumatic drill for a hand would be really sweet =P
could recreate all the Mavericks from megaman in rimworld, too, Ooooh!

Lost Cause

Quote from: Shinzy on August 22, 2014, 02:49:20 AM
Oh I do hope the protheses will be easy to mod, too
and affecting stats. Pneumatic drill for a hand would be really sweet =P
could recreate all the Mavericks from megaman in rimworld, too, Ooooh!

Still holding out for my own Cherry Darling <3

Rahjital

QuotePawn race can now override the base value for any stat. Currently used for move speed.

Tribal raids are about to get much more devastating. Now if only backstories could change the stat values as well... assasins would no longer be so useless with a 20% bonus to shooting.

Also, there was a screenshot on reddit showcasing the new trade interface, and one of the items for sale was a cobra leather duster. This means one thing - cobras! And what would a cobra be without its venom? Can't wait to see raiders move straight across a cobra den and see themselves paralyzed by a bite. Hell, I can't wait to keep a room full of cobras as a trap!

Unless they are spitting cobras, in which case we are screwed.