[A17] Remove eat without table debuff

Started by Sion, July 05, 2017, 07:50:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sion

This is my first mod!  :D
Like the title says, this mod removes the "Eat without table" debuff.

>>Download the mod here<< (top right corner)

Just extract it in your /mods folder, just like all the other mods.

Read the original thread that started the mod here:
[Mod Request (RELEASED)] Remove: "Ate without table"
So many ideas... so little time...
Silence is the worst answer.

Leon1236

Ashamed, I'm going to download this mod. I'm personally fine with eating while sitting on the floor and the colonists should too .

stigma

"Tablediner configurable" is a nice option too if you don't want to take quite as drastic measures but you are still annoyed that colonists won't use the damn tables. I've had a great experience with it, so I'll leave a link:

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=33372.msg340273#msg340273

Essentially it just lets you increase the range (with visual assistance) colonists will attempt to travel to find a nearby table (the default range is really short, which is the cause of frustration for a lot of people).

Didn't mean to derail the thread or anything - sorry (not my mod).
-Stigma

Flimflamshabam

Was starting to think about finding a mod like this, and I didn't feel like going with the extending table find range because I often have miners or hunters miles from the base but instead of having them abandon their current work to walk back to base to eat, then walk all the way back to their job, I'd just rather have them quit bickering. It's honestly an annoying thought debuff that's sometimes just the icing on the cake annoying early game and pointless further down the line when you have your colonists mostly content.

faltonico

This little code can outright remove the mood debuff (not even 0 value), and it doesn't override a core def:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<Patch>

<Operation Class="PatchOperationReplace">
<xpath>/ThoughtDefs/ThoughtDef[defName = "AteWithoutTable"]/stages/li/baseMoodEffect</xpath>
<value>
    <baseMoodEffect>0</baseMoodEffect>
</value>
</Operation>

</Patch>

Feel free to use it if you like.

Iwillbenicetou

Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

shadowstitch

Thanks, Faltonico. Since a17 encourages the use of Patches, this is a much better option for me.
I've added it to my list of delicious tweaks for my own private use.