[1.0] Prepare Landing (v0.9.2)

Started by neitsa, July 22, 2017, 01:05:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neitsa

v0.5.1 release; this is a Hotfix release (aka Bug squashing with no new additions) for v0.5.

A more readable version is available on github (the download is at the bottom of the page if you don't use steam).

# Version 0.5.1
**Released September 16, 2017**
**`RimWorld Version: Alpha 17b`**

**HotFix Release for v0.5**

# General

What's New?
===========

* Fixed a nasty bug when loading a save and clicking on the "world" button.
* Fixed a rare bug condition related to loading a new world.

Detailed Changelog
==================

Fixed Issues
------------

* bug when loading a save and going directly to the world
    - The problem was related to events that didn't tell the mod that the world was generated.
    - Fixed by changing the internal event that handle properly the world generation.

* Rare bug condition when loading a new world:
    1. Generate a new world and filter some tiles
    2. Go back to main menu and load a save
    3. From the save, go to the world and filter some tiles
    4. Exit from the save to the main menu
    5. Generate a new world
    6. PrepareLanding didn't see that the world has changed and kept references to tiles from the previous world
    * --> Reworked completely the way rimworld events (e.g. World loaded or World Generated) are handled in the mod.

Layd

When will you make a normal language file? Players themselves would do the translation into their own language.
Now only 3 lines are available :(
<PrepareLanding>PrepareLanding</PrepareLanding>
<FilteringWorldTiles>Filtering World Tiles</FilteringWorldTiles>
<PreFilteringWorldTiles>Prefiltering World Tiles</PreFilteringWorldTiles>

MusicManiac

neitsa

Quote from: Layd on November 16, 2017, 08:36:36 PM
When will you make a normal language file? Players themselves would do the translation into their own language.
Now only 3 lines are available :(
<PrepareLanding>PrepareLanding</PrepareLanding>
<FilteringWorldTiles>Filtering World Tiles</FilteringWorldTiles>
<PreFilteringWorldTiles>Prefiltering World Tiles</PreFilteringWorldTiles>

This is in my to-do list but the code is changing a lot internally, so I don't plan to do it until I can say the code is stable and wont change too much. I tried to do it for the previous release but I ended up rewriting too much things to make it viable.

I plan to do it around version 0.7 (version 0.6 will be for the official RW 0.18 release) when the major ideas I have for this mod will be implemented and the mod enters its stable phase  (*). I don't have a strict schedule in mind but this should reasonably happen in Q1 2018.

(*) I still have a big overhaul to do on the filters by making them asynchronous; I also haven't completely abandoned the idea of displaying various tile overlays; the "god mode" feature has some nasty bugs; other "minor" ideas (latitude & longitude overlay;  coordinates to tile; etc.).

edit: typos

neitsa

PrepareLanding release v0.6.0 for RimWorld Beta 18 Release.

Release:

What's new:

• Beta 18 support.
  • New filter: Coastal Tiles (Lake).

Changelog:

# Version 0.6.0
**Released November 18, 2017**
**`RimWorld Version: Beta 18`**

The `PrepareLanding` source code is licensed under the [MIT Licence](https://opensource.org/licenses/MIT).

# General

What's New?
===========

* Fixed code for Beta 18 support.
* Added a new filter:
    - "Coastal Tile (Lake)" in terrain tab (see. "Coastal Tiles")
        - A Lake is at most 15 tiles surrounded by land. More than that is considered a sea / ocean.
    - The previous behavior is now "Coastal Tile (sea)".

Detailed Changelog
==================

Fixed Issues
------------

* None

Future Plans
============

TODO for next release (v0.6.1 or v0.7)

* Better Beta 18 support:
    - Add filter: average disease frequency
    - Add filter for tiles with special feature (e.g. Caves)
    - Add possibility to filter only tiles in a named location on the world map

asdfghjk135

can you upload the A17 version somewhere?
"studies show that keeping a ladder in the house is ten times more dangerous than keeping a loaded gun. That's why I have ten guns around, in case some maniac tries to sneak in with a ladder." ~ Stan Pines

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: asdfghjk135 on November 28, 2017, 04:08:54 PM

Github download link in first post should lead you to all the releases.

this one is better/easier: https://github.com/neitsa/PrepareLanding/releases

neitsa

Quote from: asdfghjk135 on November 28, 2017, 04:08:54 PM

I didn't post an answer as BlackSmokeDMax already gave the proper link (thanks a lot!). I updated the first post with a link to github (for Prepare Landing v0.5.1 which is the latest version for A17b) and link on how to install the mod manually since it is not available anymore on steam.

Some news about the next version (still Work in Progress):

• Add filter for tiles with caves (done)
  • Add possibility to filter tiles only in a named location on the world map (done)
  • Add filter for coast direction; e.g. filter only tiles that have a northern coast (done)
  • (cleanup) Remove code that was introduced to bypass a bug in RimWorld vanilla and was patched in B18 (done).
  • Add filter: average disease frequency (TODO)
  • Presets: Add a way to list existing presets and delete some of them. (TODO)
  • Presets: Fix a bug for "Animal Can Graze" filter loading / saving. (TODO)
  • Filter: Stone; Add a way to filter without being order dependant. (TODO)
  • Filter: Roads / Rivers; Filter are all-inclusive (boolean OR) as of now, add a way to restrict them (boolean AND).(TODO)

Sebastian Cigar

Hi there
This new god-mode thing you implemented is great but it doesn't seem to function well together with Map Reroll for me, after first reroll attempt the stone types change back to what they used to be
Edit: Not always, at least. I've just had a successful reroll with all custom settings preserved. Weird

MisterVertigo

Oh my gosh! How have I never seen this mod before! I'm about to start a new colony and I can't wait to use this!
"In vertigo you will be..."

"Relax, people. It's a teeny indie game; don't kill it with love." - Bozobub

Zalpha

Quote from: Sebastian Cigar on December 10, 2017, 10:42:00 AM
Hi there
This new god-mode thing you implemented is great but it doesn't seem to function well together with Map Reroll for me, after first reroll attempt the stone types change back to what they used to be
Edit: Not always, at least. I've just had a successful reroll with all custom settings preserved. Weird

I had the same problem but I ended up posting about it on Map Rerolls post. :s
I have no idea how these mods work, I found with the reroll the rocks I wanted changed. I wanted Granite and Slate got it with God Mode but when I rerolled the map I ended up with Sandstone mostly. It seemed to work with using this mod only as a filter to find default Granite and Slate location, when rerolling it kept the base type along with the new map.

I am just confirming what you experinced.

neitsa

Quote from: Zalpha on December 10, 2017, 08:53:02 PM
Quote from: Sebastian Cigar on December 10, 2017, 10:42:00 AM
Hi there

I had the same problem but I ended up posting about it on Map Rerolls post. :s
I have no idea how these mods work, I found with the reroll the rocks I wanted changed. I wanted Granite and Slate got it with God Mode but when I rerolled the map I ended up with Sandstone mostly. It seemed to work with using this mod only as a filter to find default Granite and Slate location, when rerolling it kept the base type along with the new map.

I am just confirming what you experinced.

Hello o/

Thanks for reporting this bug !

I know where the bug lies but I'll need some time to rework some of the "god mode" parts. I'll have that time around the end of the year for the holidays, so I'm gonna make a fix at that time.
I'm also thinking about extracting the whole "god mode" feature from Prepare Landing and making it a standalone mod (still unsure about that, but the code base is starting to get quite big). This was mostly a test feature that I used privately at first and the whole and main idea of Prepare Landing was about filtering.

Anyway, It should be fixed in a few weeks :)

Zalpha

Good on you! Thanks for the amazing mod. This is now a core mod of mine. I will be using it for as long as I play the game and it stays up todate. :D

Edit: I am ashamed to admit how many hours I spent rerolling and searching the world maps to get, Mountainious, Tropical Jungle, River + Road + Coastal + Caves.

PS: Is there any chance of getting the option to find caves as well added in the search features?

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Zalpha on December 11, 2017, 03:14:25 AM
Good on you! Thanks for the amazing mod. This is now a core mod of mine. I will be using it for as long as I play the game and it stays up todate. :D

Edit: I am ashamed to admit how many hours I spent rerolling and searching the world maps to get, Mountainious, Tropical Jungle, River + Road + Coastal + Caves.

PS: Is there any chance of getting the option to find caves as well added in the search features?

According to author's reply #52 searching for caves should already be in.

Edit: or maybe I should say.. "Coming soon"

Zalpha

Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on December 21, 2017, 06:51:55 AM
Quote from: Zalpha on December 11, 2017, 03:14:25 AM

According to author's reply #52 searching for caves should already be in.

Edit: or maybe I should say.. "Coming soon"

I found that Map Reroll mod, out of the nine choices you are given a few will spawn with the cave system even if you are not on a map that should have them, which I think is quite cool. So with that mod it isn't as if I have no option to get a map with cave in it. (Although I awlays pick a map with caves on it).